General Moderation Topic

They know what they did!

13 Likes

Waitā€¦I thought rule number one was donā€™t SHOW anyone your dickā€¦did I have that wrong?

7 Likes

The two sort of go hand-in-hand. As it were.

10 Likes

There have been several times that Iā€™ve seen ā€˜likesā€™ and replies appear with superhuman speed after a comment posted. Can some people see replies as they are being typed? If so, who?

4 Likes

Not sure what you mean. What is ā€œsuperhuman speedā€ for clicking like?

3 Likes

Already present when the comment 1st appears

2 Likes

There is a replying notification on the bottom of topics that folks can see. Replies also appear near-instantly for folks on the page, as well. No one can see posts as they are being typed.

There have also been users in the past that have ā€œgamedā€ likes by setting up scripts that auto-like certain usersā€™ posts automatically. Iā€™ve never personally understood why you would want to do that - perhaps to take the human element out of showing appreciation or something - but it has been done in the past and could, in theory, still be done by users today.

24 Likes

Thanks for the reply. Maybe I mispoke with ā€œmitigateā€.

If itā€™s a guessing game itā€™s gonna be hard with the variables at play! Iā€™m dyslexic, OCD and full of online red flags. Iā€™ll leave a webpage on all day, log in with different IPā€™s and MAC, edit grammar on a post 15 times, write on open-office then paste into BBS etc.

Just curious if Iā€™m doing something suspicious or if there was a more rational reason. Unsure if bug or featureā€¦of mine or the siteā€¦but Iā€™ll give the benefit of the doubt to the site every day.

3 Likes

I can think of one situation when you really need to show someone your dick, and one where it would be considerate.

2 Likes

How could you tell they were bots and not real people?

2 Likes

That, I think, is a good question for @Flossaluzitarin.

24 Likes

Flossyā€™s human.

19 Likes

That wasnā€™t the question. :wink:

18 Likes

Good point.

20 Likes

The script in question is a userscript, which lives in the browser, which is ran by a real human, but which executes actions automagically.

I created one such script three years ago when I adapted SleepProggerā€™s Ignore User userscript. That knowledge helped me optimize a fork of the script and apply a cutting edge technique when I ported the Ignore User to a forum plugin.

The tl;dr is that I created the auto-love script and ran it for a day here, near instantly maxed my likes by reading an old topic. Didnā€™t run it since but I have no way of knowing if other members are running it.

15 Likes

Not sure Iā€™m -pareto- human though, and/or committed to pareto affection. Or on the other hand if I really found its light, my junk wouldnā€™t look like Lindsey Graham or Chamois or conventionally dressed Woolstonecrafts or whatever; erring to prevent acid reflux.

31 Likes

so 20% of your humanity is responsible for 80% of your idiosyncrasies?

17 Likes

Yeah like that, optimally human and/or fond; canā€™t call it. Yet. Itā€™s getting to where if scRNA typings from blood can tell you where your lineages are going off toward which cancers, so itā€™s probably getting to where that kind of scan can tell when my cellular processes are gonna let out a howler of another kind. Maybe weā€™ll get health-o-watch cues on when to go on a creative bender in advance of 3-day sleep-ins, at least.

25 Likes

Ewwwww

14 Likes

7 posts were split to a new topic: Derogatory euphemisms for female body parts