General Moderation Topic

I’ve seen this gif hundreds of times, but only now am I noticing Goldblum’s icky little tongue jab, and I cannot unsee it now. Thanks a lot, Trout!

21 Likes

… we’d better not tell him about The Fly :fly:

22 Likes

Heath picked it up too.

Top 30 The Joker GIFs | Find the best GIF on Gfycat

Tongues will find a way?

13 Likes

Not the solution, but I wonder if it would benefit some to simply draft their intended post on WORD, stare at it for awhile, review it a few times for infractions, then make any needed changes before posting. All that decompression time spent with one’s own potential post could avoid everlasting exclusion and shame… not to mention we not being deprived of the company of some of our long-term friends here.

11 Likes

People could choose not to be dicks.

27 Likes

True. As I said… some. :slightly_smiling_face:

9 Likes

This was my suggestion for the revised Faculty Handbook at my last university. One page, one line. For whatever reason it was not accepted.

32 Likes

Sadly, far too many people are clearly beyond such useful self-introspection.

17 Likes

I’m not sure if Buddha is sat with his eyes closed or whether he has the white eyes of the possessed. First one, right? :grimacing:

13 Likes

Eyes closed, as I’ve seen it.

6 Likes

Could be both: Eyes closed with eyeballs turned upward.

9 Likes

I really wish to the Google perspective API plugin worked (it’s supposed to ask you to take a sec when you post something potentially offensive and verify that you really want to post it). But it doesn’t ever work.

18 Likes

Does that qualify as AI? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

5 Likes

First time I ever saw this I froze, re-read my message, and deleted it. lol Ah, the old days.

This program posts news to thousands of machines throughout the entire civilized world. Your message will cost the net hundreds if not thousands of dollars to send everywhere. Please be sure you know what you are doing.

13 Likes

Qualifies as “Machine Learning” for sure. But we wouldn’t use it to decide anything just to suggest a review before you post :slight_smile:

13 Likes

You can’t spell “Goldblum” without “Gollum.”

gollum GIF

23 Likes

Something like what @orenwolf mentioned would be nice. I understand loosing one’s cool. But most long timers seem to be given time-outs first, giving them a chance to stop and reconsider. Unfortunately too many decide to try and evade that :frowning: Instead of acting more maturely and realizing maybe when their posts get flagged, they should step away and calm down they choose to double down and then, too often, outright break the rules.

16 Likes

Nextdoor has something like that. It warns me pretty often when I’m about to post or comment, but then again, my neighbors really are ignorant, racist (thanks @anon52120741) fools who deserve my unfiltered scorn…

13 Likes

And I am guessing that they are clearly ignoring any warnings they are getting before posting their (probably racist) posts

15 Likes

I regularly edit my own posts to remove any second-person references that end up in first draft

People don’t get offended as much at “we” and “us” and “people” even if really of course I’m talking about YOU :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

14 Likes