General Motors' new "air taxi" design is basically a one-person flying car

We all know how loud tiny drones are. I can’t imagine the penthouse suite wants the noise of these superflies buzzing around. But like Harley Davidson cycles, I am sure there will be a market for performitably pissing off the neighbors.

2 Likes

Looks like someone’s been watching a little too much Westworld.

1 Like

The technology is finally becoming mature enough that this is do-able. The e-vtol space is approximately where jet aviation was at the beginning of the 50’s. New, experimental, and a lot of weird stuff got thrown around to see what would stick. Short range hops are about all that current battery technology without IC-powered range extenders can handle, but short hops are a lot of the trips inside cities.

If Elwood Blues can deal with traffic noise, the ultra rich can deal with traffic noise. We’re all in this together.

3 Likes

Fugly too.

1 Like

If assholes with more dollars than cents want to fall out of the sky, I’m not about to stand in their way. But I’d rather they not do it above my head and/or roof.

4 Likes

Even with a ballistic chute, having one of those things land on your roof would not be a good day.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.