General Organa's obit

Bail Prestor Organa (formally styled as His Serene Highness, Prince Bail Organa, First Chairman and Viceroy of Alderaan) was a Human male who served as the First Chairman and Viceroy of Alderaan, and served in the Galactic Senate as the Senator of the Alderaan sector from 32 BBY to 19 BBY

3 Likes

No, Leia is not dead. How many actors have played James Bond? How many have played Spock? Leia is only dead if nobody auditions.

Yeah, apparently Padme was elected queen at the age of 14 or something. I’m not sure that George Lucas really knows how royalty works.

6 Likes

Leia is sis. Vader is dad.

12 Likes

I want to give you more <3’s for posting this pic. Power and beauty coinciding fabulously.

As much as I’m loving @Brainspore’s reply to @Boundegar’s comment…it’s been too long. CG Leia is what we have possibly to look forward to in Episode IX, anything else will suck more.

3 Likes

Bothanghazi!

2 Likes

Yub Nub!

2 Likes

Sorry dude; just as Christopher Reeve will always be my Superman, and Lynda Carter’s my Wonder Woman, Carrie Fisher will always be my Leia.

Thank you; I really had to search for one that wasn’t too cliched, cheesy or hypersexualized.

6 Likes

While the General’s legacy while important to liberation of the galaxy, was not without controversy. Most notably, General Leia was an avowed anti-Wookie bigot. Many members of the Alliance were concerned about her frequent references to “walking carpets” and other slurs. Many believe that because of her attitudes and her influence on the Council, the liberation of Kashyyyk was delayed by at least three years.

9 Likes

Rumor has it she even used the “N” word in private conversation. (Nerf-herder)

Her relationship with the Wookiee community was a complicated one, though.

12 Likes

I wish the Imperials would intercept her transmissions and release them to the public!

6 Likes

Wookieeleaks is on it.

13 Likes

The Neo-Republic awaits.

1 Like

Please feel free to google “constitutional monarchy”. There’s absolutely nothing wrong with the concept of an elected monarch.

Nerf herders prefer to be called “Sons of the Soil”, but it ain’t gonna happen.

Maybe so (although the constitutional monarchy that I’m in is hereditary). However, would you elect someone who possibly hadn’t even hit puberty yet? :wink:

1 Like

[quote=“adonai, post:36, topic:91953”]
However, would you elect someone who possibly hadn’t even hit puberty yet?
[/quote]But that’s not what you said. Rather:

[quote=“adonai, post:23, topic:91953”]I’m not sure that George Lucas really knows how royalty works.[/quote]There’s absolutely nothing wrong or unrealistic about the concept, of itself, whether or not I’d personally vote for such a monarch. Furthermore, young rulers are VERY common, throughout history. Elective monarchy, in fact, has a long history in the real world as well: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elective_monarchy

1 Like

What a depressing quote to choose. Let’s be even more depressing as an epitaph on 2016:

The boasts of heraldry, the pomp of power
And all that beauty, all that wealth e’er gave
Await alike the inevitable hour;
The paths of glory lead but to the grave.

When her heart attack happened and the news crew went looking for “Princess Leia” video…Did they go with the flowing white robe from Episode VI? Did they so with the rugged Snow Outfit from Episode V?

No. Always with the metal bikini.

Sigh.

4 Likes

Don’t forget, she killed the creep who made her wear that getup with the very chains he sought to keep her in bondage with. Hooray for Space Feminism!

5 Likes