General Sportsball thread

Crossposted from livable cities!

4 Likes

Menwhile, in Scotland

3 Likes

I had Spain in the work pool so I was shouting for the best team all tournament.
Dinner’s on me!

2 Likes

Fans climb in through the ventilation system

2 Likes
2 Likes

Anyone else see this?

4 Likes

I was only aware of the short version. Thanks for posting the longer version.
There is a Scottish version here too

I do feel a bit ambivalent about using a song that means so much to me, but at least it is a good cause and not overtly commercial (EE are a comms company and sure they get some brownie points for it).

3 Likes

Out of it’s original context, too, but I suspect lots of people have very strong attachments to that song

3 Likes

I was going to post a video of the performance of the Star Spangled Banner at last night’s Home Run Derby, because it is awful. However, the singer today admitted she was drunk, and has a problem, and checked herself into rehab. As a recovering alcoholic myself, I wish her well, and I’m not going to post the video here. You can Google it. It is pretty bad.

7 Likes

In better sportsball news, Pierce Brosnan at Wimbledon. The guy should be like a model or actor or something.

9 Likes

Damn! Double-breasted suit in summer? Badass!

6 Likes

Macron found urgent business elsewhere

4 Likes

“summer”

2 Likes

Guyana don’t have a gymnastics team going to Paris.

1 Like
3 Likes
4 Likes

That’s no Scottish techno

ETA:
Scotland were the only team to beat Spain in the entire Euros, during qualifying. I guess they are better than England after all.

5 Likes

:sob:

ETA: He’s one of the few players who played in the top four leagues for Carlisle United. It’s the 50th anniversary of the old-old first division season and it’s depressing how many people are missing.

6 Likes
6 Likes

I played tee-ball one year, when I was 5. I played for the Jefferson Cobras. We were good. The Cobras were always good. I wasn’t very good. I wasn’t awful, but I wasn’t very good. I was ok. But most of the kids on that team went on to be high school sports stars in my hometown. The real athletes in that part of town always played for the Cobras. We went undefeated and were City Champs. However, I will never forget the game after which we got royally chewed out by our coach. Because we didn’t beat the other team as badly as he thought we should have. This was in the 70s. This isn’t really a new problem, sadly.

3 Likes