General Winter Holiday Thread!

When decorating this Christmas, insist on Real Plastic Snow. Accept no substitutes!

6 Likes

7 Likes

Neat. Can’t really live up to the standards set by the real asbestos snow in the olden days, though.
3239994987_8f59f3f552_m

3563807102_3f573484de_m

3562936605_3aeb288f25_m

6 Likes

With lead icicles!

6 Likes

5 Likes

When I was a kid in the 70s we were Friends Of Greenfield Village, that meant we were there a lot, I even took ceramics lessons in some of the old buildings.

Decades later our daughter and husband are also members of the village which means we get tickets for stuff like this.

Doesn’t get any more holiday than wandering around the village all decorated up like the olden days especially with Santa, fireworks and live carolers to end the evening.

The bonus is it’s all outdoors so we can enjoy an event without worrying about icky germs.

Santa arriving in a Model T, very cool for the kids and grownups.

The cop kept trying to clear the road as the Model Ts came by. He said “100 year old car, 100 year old brakes, you might want to move along”.

Santa was getting fed the names of little kids in the crowd, he was calling them out by name, little kids amazed.

11 Likes

8 Likes

11 Likes

rrrick

6 Likes
7 Likes

ezgif.com-add-text (8)

9 Likes

Two hours of streaming holiday cheer!

6 Likes

6 Likes
8 Likes

Oh hey, people have heard of HBomberguy by now, right?

5 Likes

It’s so much easier to say “Happy holidays!” than “Happy Solstice!/Happy Chanukkah!/Happy Kwanzaa!/Merry Christmas!/etc!/etc! and Happy New Year!”

But you can’t spell “fundamentalist” without “fundament.”

5 Likes

His plaigiarism video what got posted here sure is superb. WOW.

2 Likes

All I want for Christmas!

3 Likes

8 Likes

Only if you’ve been naughty.

3 Likes