Gentleman attempted to open airplane emergency door in-flight so passengers would record and share his planned COVID-19 vaccine rant

Originally published at: Gentleman attempted to open airplane emergency door in-flight so passengers would record and share his planned COVID-19 vaccine rant | Boing Boing

4 Likes

That didn’t work out as he planned. Media outlets in general should take a lesson here: name the arsehole, say he was ranting about something, but don’t give the actual rant airtime or publish whatever nonsense he was spouting.

No word on whether his planned statement was pro- or anti-vaxx but…

I’m gonna take a wild guess here.

32 Likes

That one vaxxed guy in a aisle seat

33 Likes

So…terrorist? Right? Isn’t what these folks do? “Publicity stunt”?

22 Likes

I applaud his efforts, but dislike his selfish application.

3 Likes

You know, at this point, I’d be kind of pleased if he was a vaccine enthusiast, just spreading the good word about immunity rates. I mean, just because he’s an idiot in one regard doesn’t mean he has to run the table, right?

5 Likes

So this isn’t the same guy that had to be whacked with a coffee pot, right? Having a hard time keeping track of this stuff.

20 Likes

According to the filing, Demarre did not appear to be high or drunk.

Well, the plane was airborne, so I presume he was pretty high. What a fucking bell-end.

I wonder if future generations will look at this period of American history with the sense of bemusement that we view the Witch Panic of the 17th century.

17 Likes

It would be pretty funny if the news went out of their way to diminish the rant.

“Reports are unclear, but the man seemed to be ranting about the recent Backstreet Boys tour changes”.

14 Likes

Came here to say this.

10 Likes

No word on whether his planned statement was pro- or anti-vaxx but…

We’ll never know, I guess. Definitely a mystery for the ages.

I’m guessing he was hoping for more viral fame (fittingly).

Threatening the safety of others in the hopes of spreading a political message? Yeah, the shoe fits.

Since almost all of the people causing problems on airlines right now are deranged antivaxxers, they definitely all run together.

11 Likes

terrorist?..let’s not go overboard here…this guy is just a freedumb loving American patriot. It’s not like he protested the construction of a pipeline or covertly filmed factory farm conditions.

10 Likes

Always amazes me the people who think they can open a pressurized airplane emergency exit door which is designed to open to the inside.

The Hulk Reaction GIF

15 Likes

They should start putting fucktards like this out the door at high altitude. Perhaps it would be a deterrent to others - or maybe not. But at least that person would not be doing it again.

2 Likes

I think it’s a different guy, but to balance the scales of justice, maybe he should also be wacked in the head with a coffee pot?

11 Likes

7 Likes

I still recall a person who actually did manage to open the door, despite it being corporate jet, it’s no joke (Woman Falls or Leaps to Death From Corporate Plane).

1 Like

Pretty horrifying…in this case, though, the fact that it was an unpressurized cabin made it possible to open the door. It was one of these little guys, a DeHavilland Twin Otter DHC-6.

10 Likes

Oh it was a turboprop, not a jet.

I know you are right, but I should look up why a pressurized cabin door can’t be opened. It’s counterintuitive to me (wouldn’t pressure press outwards?).

1 Like

Opening the door actually involves pulling it inward first, which means you’re fighting the pressure differential between the inside and the outside air. If it’s pressured to a typical 8 psi, that equates to about 1200 pounds per square foot of door area.

There isn’t enough air rage in the world to allow one of these idiots to open that door…I still heartily advocate physically harming them (just enough!) for trying.

11 Likes