Gentleman purposely coughs on police and gets four months in the pokey

Originally published at: Gentleman purposely coughs on police and gets four months in the pokey | Boing Boing

7 Likes

As posted previously…

22 Likes

I guess they don’t have the 6th Amendment in Denmark, but then it doesn’t seem to apply here either.

4 Likes

The ongoing coronavirus topic has comments with details from cases in multiple US states. The charges ranged from assault to more serious ones like this:

Hopefully, the penalties will reflect the seriousness of the situation. Too many people believe the pandemic is a hoax, and act accordingly.

14 Likes

Normally I don’t care about cops but those things are barely-behaving government tools as it is. Best case scenario you give them an excuse to have a free taxpayer-funded two week vacation while they quarantine. What’s more likely is they’ll ignore it, and be an even riskier infection path as they interact with the rest of the public, most of whom don’t have the option not to interact with them and many of whom are the most vulnerable.

I’m all for disrespecting cops as much as possible, but not when it could lead to innocent people getting hurt.

2 Likes

Why are people idiots and assholes? It’s so easy to NOT be either.

13 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.