Texas cop fired for giving excrement sandwich to homeless man wins appeal

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/01/13/texas-cop-fired-for-giving-exc.html

2 Likes

I think he has an unhealthy relationship with fecal matter.

31 Likes

Could not be any more Freudian, this boi, if he tried.

16 Likes

This piece of lying garbage deserves to have his life ruined. The public has a duty to make him miserable for his crimes.

4 Likes

Vigilantism is what happens when the public has lost faith in the system. It’s where we’re headed, but we’re not actually there yet. I for one hope we don’t reach a point where citizens appoint themselves judge and jury.

I know this is semantics, because we all agree that feeding someone feces is a criminal act, but the appeals court basically ruled that it’s not a crime if you aren’t caught and punished within 6 months.

I should try being 6 months late on my taxes. When the IRS comes by, I’ll tell them that I can’t be punished anymore. too bad!

15 Likes

This guy sounds like a total shit stain.

15 Likes

I’m guessing you’re not a PoC. #blm

6 Likes

What bullshit. 180 day window to discipline someone? I can’t even

11 Likes

“Hooray! We won on a technicality!!!”

Guaranteed govt employment, for actions like this (and worse), show what a racket the whole thing is. Even if the guy gets fired for the other offense, he’ll just go somewhere else, since employment stats on LEO are typically tightly obscured.

4 Likes

Meh. You will be just fine.

Carry on.

6 Likes

As a cop, he DID manage to give at least two shits.

8 Likes

Every part of this makes me wonder why I wake up to a world with people this horrible allowed to walk free.

This asshole deserves to be banned from law enforcement forever, and be forced to eat a shit sandwich himself.

What a horrible piece of human garbage.

5 Likes

For sure!

Wait… so he handed the guy the sandwich while “helping clean up the camp” and expected him to throw the sandwich away and not eat it… who made the sandwich? Because I can’t visualize a homeless person wasting bread to be funny.

I’m also not sure what this means:

What didn’t come soon enough?

a government rule that “prevents law enforcement from disciplining an officer for conduct that occurred more than 180 days before they are disciplined.”

Social media, fortunately, knows of no such rule. Welcome to hell, Mr. Luckhurst! Can I make you lunch?

4 Likes

Essentially his superiors actively ignored the suspension until the six-month deadline had passed and disposed of evidence. That way they were able to keep a shitty cop on the payroll without publicly getting their hands dirty, as it were.

6 Likes

But he was arrested for poisoning?

3 Likes

No, but DHS gave him a Biowarfare Certificate.

3 Likes

Another reason to not shake a cop’s hands.

3 Likes

Look at that shit eating grin