Covid killing more cops than any other cause

Originally published at: Covid killing more cops than any other cause | Boing Boing

9 Likes

I mean, have they tried shooting it? Maybe putting covid in a chokehold?

55 Likes

For 2020 at least Covid wasn’t just killing more cops than any other cause. It killed more cops than all other causes combined.

44 Likes

Sorry Fake Cry GIF by Trevi Moran

25 Likes

Clearly they are using the wrong army surplus shit. Let’s see them patrol in full MOPP gear if they want to remain unvaccinated plague rats.

15 Likes

Maybe cops are tired of people pointing out that their job ranks only 14th on the list of the “Most Dangerous Jobs in America”, and so they are trying to up their body count?

32 Likes

‘How dare you mere Peons tell us… us! what to do! Rules don’t apply to us!’

Fine. You idiots want to die a miserable death, have at it. Too bad innocents have to suffer for it, in the process. As far as I am concerned, any unvaccinated loon that shows up to the ER with Covid should be triaged to a tent behind the hospital, to await bed availability. Those with non-self-inflicted issues should take priority.

Of course he did. Lying is just another item in the cop toolkit.
ACAK
[All Cops Are Karens]

23 Likes

I find myself hard pressed to have any sympathy…

34 Likes

In defending his members’ right to violate Chicago’s mandate, which takes effect Oct. 15, Catanzara made false claims about the vaccines’ safety.

A cop lying to us? For shame.

GIF by Outsiders

23 Likes

I’m really sad that Brooklyn Nine-Nine has ended, just as it was revving up its exposure of and commentary on the corruption and absurdity of police unions and bureaucracy.

7 Likes

Anyone who can compel you to interact with them MUST be vaccinated, period.

26 Likes

Who could have imagined that Covid would have a silver lining such as this?

11 Likes

Dude…

I know how you feel, but we have to be better than that…

13 Likes

19 Likes

Eh, what can you do. She moves in mysterious ways.

Power Rangers Reaction GIF

4 Likes

Yes, and if it is hard to feel any sympathy, then think about all the people these cops disproportionately have face time with… the poor, the nonwhite, the people with the least access to quality healthcare or other aid who are also less likely to be vaccinated than average. The usual victims get further victimized.

20 Likes

Maybe if we send them thoughts and prayers? :thinking:

Lamorne Morris Fox GIF by New Girl

9 Likes

If their obsessive martyr complex doesn’t wanna result in a change in attitude, I’ll happily watch their continued attempts to demonstrate American Freedom by marching their little lemming asses off the same dumb, avoidable cliff.

No offense to lemmings.

6 Likes

This is one of the reasons I admire you, Mel. You are a better person than me, and a good role model for how I can improve.

/not sarcastic

12 Likes

These guys love a good funeral, get all dressed up, gin up public sympathy, they’d better set lots of time aside for all those funerals. And may I suggest a mass grave, or is that in bad taste…

11 Likes