Covid killing more cops than any other cause

The 14th most dangerous job deserves the 14th most pomp and ceremony at the funerals.

4 Likes

Isn’t that largely bolstered by traffic deaths?

3 Likes

As your friendly neighborhood “our system is so fucked up” announcer, I would like to remind everyone that even cops who have refused the free vaccine will get disability and death benefits from any COVID-related issues as if they were injured in the line of duty:

Made senses before we had a vaccine. Does not make sense anymore.

20 Likes

What do you call 10000 cops in a COVID ward?
A good start
I know… It’s an old joke and not nice.

5 Likes

Have vaccines been added to that list of things that cops are afraid of? Or has the list just grown to include everything at this point, and become obsolete?

4 Likes

I don’t think it counts until a cop actually tries to shoot COVID-19

tenor (2)

16 Likes

Being a decent person is hard work, and it takes real effort not to be just as shitty as the people who shit on you.

I often fail in that regard, to be honest.

But I keep trying…

27 Likes

Yep. Most cop deaths “on the job” are vehicular accidents (which puts them in the company of other jobs that involve a lot of driving, all of which are more dangerous) and heart attacks. Vehicular accidents also include those that happened while commuting to and from work as well. If you added commuting deaths to the safety records of other jobs, you’d greatly increase “how dangerous” they are, too.

The most recent stats I’ve seen usually don’t even put them in the top 20. Agricultural/garden/landscaping workers have more dangerous jobs. Every other job that involves a lot of driving ranks higher.

Given the way they pad their stats to make the job seem more dangerous (e.g. deaths during commutes), I imagine there will be an attempt, at least, to have covid deaths be counted (and only counted for cops), shooting them to the top of the dangerous jobs list.

15 Likes

Don’t know how it is in other places, but it is sacrosanct in Chicago for a bagpiper to play Amazing Grace at the grave of any police officer or firefighter.

Now I’m imagining multiple funerals going on in a cemetery, not quite simultaneously, and the ruckus of dueling bagpipers playing the same song but out of sync.

20 Likes

But how would they know?

20 Likes

Sure, I laughed, but there’s something so ceremonial about bagpipes that I really do enjoy the sound, unironically.

18 Likes

I knew there was one out there!

7 Likes

I blame antifa!

5 Likes

There’s also this.

It’s long abandoned and the creator has been anonymised

15 Likes

Mob Wives Drita Davanzo GIF by VH1

16 Likes

Three, if you count the fact that I like the use of bagpipes in Rod Stewart’s song the Rhythm of My Heart.

12 Likes

playing liane cartman GIF by South Park

9 Likes

Ironic if many cops’ last words were “I can’t breathe”.

Dark? I’m not nearly as decent a person as @Melizmatic.

20 Likes

More like the swine flu, heyo!

10 Likes