Texas police tell little girl she is in "big trouble" for buying school meal with $2 bill

[Read the post]

7 Likes

50 Likes

How did both the school admins and officer bumpkin even get hired?

50 Likes
39 Likes

How are they NOT GETTING A SERIOUS BEAT UP SIDE THE HEAD WITH A CLUE BAT by their bosses?

26 Likes

I think that this one requires that jazzed-up version that @Melizmatic used onceā€¦

I blame all the folks who never spend their $2 bills ā€“ I probably still have a few dozen back home at my momā€™s that I received as a kid.

14 Likes

Reminder: this is the denomination that Donald Trump thinks Harriet Tubman should be put on instead of the $20. I guess itā€™s somehow fitting that it was used to disenfranchise a young girl of color.

44 Likes

If I see them in the tray at the store or if I get cash from the credit union (well where I actually interact with a teller anyway) I always ask for some. It is fun to use them for the odd cup of coffee or snack.

10 Likes

Iā€™ve updated the list.

39 Likes

But the $2 bill was real, of course. There arenā€™t very many of themā€”the government doesnā€™t issue them, anymoreā€”but $2s are out there. They constitute perfectly legal tender.

There are only 1.1 billion two dollar bills.

Only slightly rarer than a $50.

30 Likes

Look at the plus side: the kid gets to stalk him, a la Better off Dead, shouting ā€œTwo dollars! I want my two dollars!ā€

27 Likes

Andā€¦as this fine tale illustratesā€¦they are also great tools for evaluating the public sector. Iā€™d like to think that this phenomenon is limited to police ossifers in the Lone Star State. But I know better.

5 Likes

Canā€™t give you my regular ā€œcheersā€ for this, but I gave you a hearty like.

I am also grateful that @M_Dub updates his list.

7 Likes

Not a single adult who participated in or observed her persecution had either the knowledge or the moral courage to advocate on her behalf?

The entire office staff that was on duty at that time needs to be dismissed.

44 Likes

Of course the cop is going to pretend he doesnā€™t know what these areā€¦about the only reason they stay in existence are for strip clubs.

From what I understand.

12 Likes

Back in the early '90s California changed its drivers license to
implement new anti-counterfeiting measures. Unfortunately, it was also
readily apparent that they were printed on an inkjet printer and had
very blocky text. I knew a few folks who were threatened with arrest for
"obviously fake" IDs.

7 Likes

So you are saying that $2 bills are covered in stripper sweat? Asking for a friend.

13 Likes

Thatā€™s the mind-blowing thing to me.

The cashier had never heard of a two-dollar bill.
The administration had never heard of a two-dollar bill.
The cop had never heard of a two-dollar bill.

And none were even open to the idea that such a thing could exist, even though forging a bill of that quality would obviously cost more than two dollars and would be well beyond the means of most 13-year-olds.

Surely at least one of those accusatory ignoramuses could have pulled out a smartphone and did a quick search to confirm whether the denomination existed?

51 Likes

Has she a North Korean family background?

1 Like

I also have a small collection of two dollar bills.

And yes, this foolishness really does merit the usage of that ā€˜extreme face-deskā€™ gif again:

17 Likes