Texas police tell little girl she is in "big trouble" for buying school meal with $2 bill

You’re telling me that the school - the place where kids get GOD DAMN EDUCATED didn’t know that a $2 bill was legal tender?

They shouldn’t just be fired for being inhuman monster assholes to an innocent child, they should be canned for being completely bad at their fucking jobs.

21 Likes

28 Likes

And none stopped to think that if one were able to counterfeit bills, one would hardly counterfeit a bill that doesn’t exist.

48 Likes

Me too. I rarely use cash these days.

6 Likes

Well, you might be surprised there…

(From CBS News) Cops: Man tried to use $1M bill at Walmart

On the one hand, if you’re going to forge a bill that doesn’t exist you might as well aim high. On the other hand, it seems unlikely that a Walmart cashier would be able to make $999,524 in change.

15 Likes

Wait, exactly where do you swipe the credit card to tip the stripper?

12 Likes

The answer is very, very sexy. :smiley:

18 Likes

There’s no mention of the girl being detained or shot on sight. Is she white?

7 Likes

Yeah right in her Square Reader!

Just don’t ask where she keeps the phone.

11 Likes

Strippers don’t like when you do the whole credit card thing down their buttcrack no matter how many times you see it in a hiphop video.

Edit: This probably tells you how long its been since I’ve been to one of these places (I’m 44…it was my 21st birthday last time I was at one)…and I don’t even know if anyone still makes videos!

4 Likes

That is crazy. It seems that “million dollar bill” was actually a flyer from www.WayOfTheMasterRadio.com, which means it’s conceivable the gentleman found it somewhere and mistakenly believed he had found a million dollars.

She did escape the bullet, but the second sentence of the summary above makes it clear she was detained.

5 Likes

If you have to ask, you can’t afford it.

5 Likes

On the upside, she now has a much better two-dollar bill story than Peter Leppik’s old Taco Bell anecdote.

3 Likes

Two $$ is for Texas!

I am beginning to believe that Texas is the epicenter for stupidity.

3 Likes

Two dollar bills are also associated with horse racing. (Though I’ve never been to a strip club, and I’ve never been to the track. I live a sheltered life.)

My college library used to keep a supply, though.

5 Likes

In either case he wasn’t the first or last person to try spending a megabuck at a Walmart. (And it always seems to be Walmart.)

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/offbeat/2004-03-11-million-dollar_x.htm

The best part about the Tubman 20… we get to call em T-Dubs.

7 Likes

Heeheee!

Wouldn’t you?!

3 Likes

Best part of the Tubman 20 is that they promote fiscal responsibility.

41 Likes