Police "terrified" by red balloons tied to grates

7 seconds also did a hardcore version in the 80s. Can’t link cos I’m on my phone at work pretending to be busy.

People are tying red balloons to sewer grates and it’s getting on the cops’ nerves because no-one wants to untie them and they end up having to do it.

What is the reasoning why anybody “has to” remove them? Are these balloons actually in anybody’s way?

I gotchu

I’d think a good reason to remove the balloons is to avoid incidents where small, curious children might get a limb stuck in the grating or – worse yet – get run over by a vehicle as they walk out into the street as they go for the balloon.

Pft, we don’t allow kids to roam the streets by themselves. That is a non-issue :wink:

I’ve updated The List.

List of Things That Frighten Police

Blinking LEDs
Photography & Video Cameras
Black/Brown Adults and Children
Direct Eye Contact
Breasts
Lyft
Peaceful protests
Halloween
Lesbians
Imaginary Black/Brown People
Puppies
Turtles
Rap Battles
Free Speech
Mail Carriers
Motorcyclists
Disabled People
Drawings of Penises
Two-Dollar Bills
Milk
Pregnant Women
Nurses
Journalists
Balloons

This would be a cute response if the police in our country weren’t a white supremacist organization.

Please add:

Human Rights
Witnesses
Accurate Accounts
Traceable Throw-down Weapons
Lawyers they’ve harrassed

Don’t. There are horrible, horrible things down that road we choose to forget. And I’m not just talking Nena’s hairdo here.

Edit to say:
Wait, WHAT? O_o
WTF you like German, sung? You can listen to it? I thought basically everyone (including Russian people) would agree it’s as terrifying a the Jabberwock. (High-browers exempt of this rule, of course. Schumann or even Wagner, they go full circle.)

Btw, speaking of terrifying sounds: good thing the cops don’t have someone standing behind them when removing the balloon, rubbing another balloon slowly…

Also add cameras (still and video)

I think @M_Dub had those on his list; fairly comprehensive.

At least it’s not balloon animals.

But there are great things in the 80s too. It wasn’t all bad! :wink:

And yeah, I like to hear German sung. I like German as a spoken language, actually. I know it has a stereotype/reputation for being a harsh language, but I like it and how it sounds, as a general rule. Honestly, I like to hear almost any non-English language, in just about any context, even when I can’t understand any of it. I can often make out a word or two in German and I suspect if I lived in Germany or Austria for a while, I’d start to get much better at understanding it and possibly speaking it, too.

Speaking of singing in German, have you heard any tracks off the new Laibach? They are back to singing in German again, and this track is especially lovely:

They’re the second item on the list.

Oh right, red balloon, red people… got it.

What is more interesting is the level of paranoia exhibited by small town LEO’s… Heck a white guy taking pictures for a news paper was shot by one of the trusted LEO’s last week and a Hospital Nurse was arrested by another LEO all claiming ‘Life threatening situations’ or ‘interfering’ from seemingly ordinary citizens.

Only the police get paid vacations for shooting unarmed, kidnapping citizens.

I don’t get it. If i fucked up that hard on my job I would gtet fired if not brought up on criminal charges. Not paid vaccation or getting shuffled around. i would be seen as a liability that must be removed

Cops, the world’s original snowflakes.

Their fee-fees r ow-y cuz air bubblez is scary!

The only thing that can protect us from a Bad Guy with a Balloon is… well, a bunch of dysfunctional kids if I remember rightly.

German industrial music is great. The lyrics they come up with - don’t understand them all, but the way they sound is beautiful.