Police "terrified" by red balloons tied to grates

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2017/09/06/police-terrified-by-red-ba.html

1 Like

They only want to make sure that Trump doesn’t launch nukes by mistake.

31 Likes

Seems like they’re willing to play along up until a point. At least they haven’t shot any of them.

15 Likes

Jeder war ein großer Krieger
Hielten sich für Captain Kirk

Those lines become even more ominous in the context of a president whose only leadership experience is playing one on TV.

15 Likes

If party decorations frighten cops then maybe they shouldn’t have guns.

15 Likes

I bet they would just shoot black balloons.

26 Likes

I assume the cops were just being silly or sarcastic here, and they’re not literally terrified by the balloons.

Of course, I haven’t seen the movie so what do I know.

10 Likes

@some_guy and @ninjustin

No no…they should be terrified. Just in case somehow, Pennywise is real…yeah, terror is the right emotional response.

3 Likes

To me this video always looked like they shot it in sequence in a single day. It goes from early morning overcast at the beginning to night by the end.

1 Like

Let’s spin this thing differently. Red ballooons are GOOD things:

13 Likes

Confusing for Trumpistas: the original song is anti- NATO missile deployments. NATO bad! Missiles good!

6 Likes

Yeah, read the book sometime. It’s terrifying. My fear of clowns is directly traceable to that book.

1 Like

Or… are they?

And for good measure:

7 Likes

C’mon, any place named Lititz has got to be pretty nice. That’s french, isn’t it?

1 Like

Aren’t they trembling with an-ti-c-pation? Those cops should give themselves over to absolute pleasure, and swim the warm waters of sins of flesh.

13 Likes

Red balloons are meant to be followed.

7 Likes

Is the police comment a joke by them? If they were truly afraid, that would be pathetic.

2 Likes

Yeah, it sure would be a shame if a cop shot an innocent balloon. Better stick to people, just to be safe.

3 Likes

German.

Also, Rolex has its US watchmaking school there: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lititz_Watch_Technicum

Deep in the heart of Pennsylvania Dutch country.