Denver's disease-spreading cops refuse mandatory Covid vaccinations for city workers

Originally published at: Denver's disease-spreading cops refuse mandatory Covid vaccinations for city workers | Boing Boing

7 Likes

Do you want Robocop? Because this is how you get Robocop.

(And a whole lot of other horrible things.)

22 Likes

Looks like there’s very little personal consequence for their acts of viral harakiri

21 Likes

A police union behaving just as you’d expect the only kind of union conservatives approve of to act.

32 Likes

seems like a good way to cut funds to the police department is to fire those who refuse to be vaccinated, thus saving all that salary money for other things.

44 Likes

The old “I am not going to follow your rules, but you had better follow mine” mentality that seems to permeate the crazies.

32 Likes

Good apples get the jab.

22 Likes

not a great deal of serving or protecting going on in denver.

16 Likes

That’s what I was thinking. They’ve already demonstrated that counselors and EMTs can handle a huge proportion of the calls coming in, so let those anti-vaxx officers self-select to get ousted. I think it’s also a kind of natural selection to get rid of some of the craziest of the crazies.

29 Likes

I think it’s also a kind of natural selection to get rid of some of the craziest of the crazies.

yes but how long is that going to take? and think of all the potential damage done in the meantime. public safety workers should either get vaxxed, or find a new line of work. it’s not an infringement upon their rights. this is about the national welfare, and these unions are standing in the way.

20 Likes

I agree, they shouldn’t be given the option of taking months to get this. Hold a couple open clinics at the station over the course of one week or so. If, after that, you have no vaxx and no valid reason not to get it, you’re out.

21 Likes

Well, at least DPD relies on cameras for speed enforcement nowadays. I won’t get some Covid with a speeding ticket.

2 Likes

i dunno. i read a news story yesterday about some vocal social media anti-vaxxer who a little over a week ago was posting about how mandatory vaccines were an infringement on his rights, and he died this week of COVID. life comes at you fast.

19 Likes

I’m wondering when the lines will begin to cross each other in the Venn Diagram of cops who refuse the vaccine and cops who go out to eat at Casa Bonita?

18 Likes

Forgive me if you live here and know this…
There’s not much of anything from DPD or Aurora cops these days besides stories of incompetence or excessive force.
IDK what it’s like in other cities, but cops here refuse to investigate auto theft and most property crime .
Even when people give them video and have witness accounts, it’s “You’ll get nothing and like it.”
I was chased and rammed by a nutjob in a big truck–he slammed into me four times while moving in traffic, then again at a stoplight. Someone got video with a plate. No investigation and the cop gave me a disconnected number to follow up later.
Police who don’t serve and protect anyone but themselves can go kick rocks.

Is it like this in other cities?

23 Likes

Well, clearly neither group is concerned about their health! :wink:

6 Likes

Once again proving that the last people who should be allowed to become cops are the people who want to be cops.

20 Likes

Sounds like the refusal to vaccinate is a great way to get rid of those who have no business being in uniform in the first place. Ok, as you wish. Here is your last paycheck and please leave the badge in the box by the door.

14 Likes

Yes it is.

23 Likes

Starting with paid administrative leave?

7 Likes