Watch: When a subway passenger told cops to wear a mask, they pushed him out

Originally published at: Watch: When a subway passenger told cops to wear a mask, they pushed him out | Boing Boing

5 Likes

The rules are for other people.

22 Likes

Ah, um, NYPD doing there part to rid its ranks of assholes, one COVID-19 infection at a time.
Go Blue!

8 Likes

“pick up that can”

5 Likes

Déjà vu (reboing).

8 Likes

Cops being cops. Nobody understands this stuff until it happens to them.

8 Likes

Eh. Stuff worse than this has happened to me, so maybe I’m biased, but I’d argue there are plenty of happy mutants who do understand, even if they’ve been fortunate enough not to have experienced it first-hand.
Though there is a certain type of person who won’t understand until it happens to them, despite all the documentation that it’s happening to others. I call those people “assholes.”

12 Likes

Fire them and charge them with assault.

8 Likes

8 Likes

COVID is the leading cause of in-the-line-of-duty deaths for police officers in the US and has been since early 2020. And my sources for that aren’t exactly some far left, ACAB groups. These are both police loving groups, and these are numbers reported by police departments. The police themselves know that COVID is killing them, and they are still choosing this hill to literally die on. It’s insane.

8 Likes

Sorry to have to comment on this, but power corrupts, and many NYPD obviously
bought into the whole antivax / pro Trump resistance. They took BLM - defund the
police rhetoric as a personal insult. Really, if you can’t at least pretend to be neutral, and , yes, get vaxed, please go back to Long Island, where you’ll get a
job with the local constabulary for better pay, no mask mandate and no vax required.

3 Likes

Given your avatar, you might like this version:

Also, I know I’m a bit of a broken record on this, but I wish every fucking story about cops refusing to get the vaccine and/or wear masks would include reference to the Safeguarding America’s First Responders Act of 2020.

From the summary:

For purposes of death benefits, this bill creates a general presumption that a public safety officer who dies from COVID-19 or related complications sustained a personal injury in the line of duty.

For purposes of disability benefits, the bill creates a general presumption that COVID-19 or related complications suffered by a public safety officer constitutes a personal injury sustained in the line of duty.

Just nope that right the hell out of here if they won’t wear masks or get vaccinated.

8 Likes

Anubis approved.

Also:
Hitchcock FTP 1

Hitchcock FTP 2

8 Likes

Oooh, that’s good!
When Stephen King was asked the same thing recently his answer was, “elevators.”

4 Likes

At 6 years old, after some childish misdeed, Hitchcock’s father sent him to the local police station with a note addressed to the duty officer. The note requested that the young Alfred be jailed for 5 minutes as a punishment, and the duty officer duly complied. This event most likely contributed to Hitchcock’s lifelong fear of the police and authority figures, along with the motif of wrongful imprisonment that featured in many of his films.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.