NYPD transit cops muscle guy from subway for pointing out they're maskless

Originally published at: NYPD transit cops muscle guy from subway for pointing out they're maskless | Boing Boing

4 Likes

“I got annoyed by a guy asking me to follow the rules so I assaulted him” is not something anyone gets away with unless they are a cop. These folks should not be police officers.

45 Likes

Thugs in blue.

20 Likes

You can identify them by their blue uniforms.

20 Likes

ACAB

GIF by MOODMAN

24 Likes

NYPD new PR program is off to a rocky start. Again…

16 Likes

I suspect that the new NYC mandate for all city workers including police to be vaccinated or go on unpaid leave might start weeding out some of the bad apples.

10 Likes

It’s no longer unbelievable, given the carte blanche cops have in this country; but it’s still remarkable that masks/vaccinations are not enforced for a group that a) you cannot refuse to interact with*, and b) frequently communicates at VERY close quarters at particle-spewing volumes.

“We’ll infect you if we want, and there’s nothing you can do about it.”

*Don’t wanna hear any “don’t do anything wrong and you won’t have to interact with them.” If they decide you’ve done something wrong, they’re going to get all up in your space if they wish. See: the story we’re commenting on, and about 50 million others just like it.

23 Likes

Why join the Bloods, Crips or Latin Kings when you can join a bigger gang that has a health insurance plan and retirement benefits?

13 Likes

I see that the MTA’s Twitter feed shows their most recent motto to be “MTA. Wear a mask. Stop the spread.”

You would think maybe the NYPD could spend at least a little bit of their BILLIONS-dollar budget on remedial reading comprehension courses for their employees.

10 Likes

You will know them by their fruits.
Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire.

4 Likes

Pretty soon, they won’t have to worry about us mere peons trying to make them obey the law. They will be immune to any laws. Surely that can’t possibly go wrong.

11 Likes

“To serve and protect.”

2 Likes

Much lower fatality rates and injury rate as well I’ll bet.

1 Like

Themselves.

6 Likes

What’s been amazing to see is what petulant children the cops are when it comes to covid requirements, they’re refusing them even when they’re watered down. Vaccine requirements they ignored. Some municipalities bent over backwards to accommodate them, giving them the alternative to do regular testing, instead. They’re refusing that, too. Even mask wearing, the least that could be required of them gets ignored.

It feels like an extension of their response to the BLM movement - it’s as if any demands they’re subjected to, no matter how reasonable, are seen as outrages, an erosion of their authority to boss people around without any restrictions on their own behavior.

11 Likes

Real life Judge Dredd: “I AM the law!”

This is scary bad stuff. Were I Mayor I’d be demanding either their badges or they be put on desk duty for the rest of their careers or put on patrol at a closed subway station “due to an abundance of caution” in case the Mole People attack.

I used to be a proud conservative I can’t be any more and haven’t been for years. But I fear it may be too late to save the Republic from the insanity of both extremes.

2 Likes

Exsqueeze me? Gonna need an example of this extreme left to which you refer that is “destroying the Republic”.

9 Likes

One side of the political spectrum in this country has been steadily lurching rightward since Nixon, and has dragged the other side with it. Goldwater was seen as an ultra far right-wing extremist when I was growing up & now he is seen by those in his former party as far too liberal & accommodating to be elected. Similarly, typical Democrats of today would have been regarded as moderate Republicans during the Reagan Regime.
What you may regard as ‘extremism’ on the Left is seen as common sense in much of the rest of the world, especially in the Nordic countries.

I think it’s past time we decided to become a First World Country, instead of what we are heading for…

EDIT: tyops

6 Likes

There are two extremes, though. There is the extreme far-right neo-fascists on the one side and the extremely apathetic sometimes voters who say things like, “Oh, yeah, I support higher taxes on the rich…which party is it that’s trying to do that?” on the other side.