Five Florida cops dead of Covid in one week

Originally published at: Five Florida cops dead of Covid in one week | Boing Boing

4 Likes

I would ask if the “Blue Lives Matter” people actually care about this, but we all know the answer to that.

46 Likes

I wonder if these deaths should be folded in to the Suicide Rate figures?

Edit: thanks @hecep; I missed out “Police” from in front of Suicide.

21 Likes

We might just find out what happens when a death cult’s guard labour gets so debilitated or dead that they can’t fulfill their role of protecting their patrons’ property.

26 Likes

Weekly testing means they can only spread the virus for a few days on average before being sent home. That may not be enough to guarantee complete saturation of the workforce…

13 Likes

On my local radio they were talking about the escalating cases among children. The radio host said “It’s going to get worse. Hang on for the ride.”

“Hang on for the ride?” What kind sick shit is that? How about “I can’t believe that people in this state are so cold to children’s deaths that there isn’t even a whisper of closing schools, much less a lockdown of some kind. What happened to ‘the life of every child is sacred’ among our political leaders.”

“Hang on for the ride” might be the most “banality of evil” thing I’ve heard so far.

37 Likes

Have they blamed African Americans yet?

21 Likes

They’re still working out the next stage of the narrative, but guaranteed that Black people will have a villainous role in it.

15 Likes

The usual USA scapegoats will bare the burden of blame.

11 Likes

If five Florida cops had been shot on duty in one week we’d see Republicans across the state screaming their heads off to demand… well, not gun control but something.

26 Likes
8 Likes

Bet they don’t wear masks, either.

If the survey refers to ‘fully vaccinated’, then this more or less tracks with the State population as a whole:
Florida vax rates
In Florida, 13,328,388 people or 62% of the state has received at least one dose.
Overall, 10,961,995 people or 51% of Florida’s population has been fully vaccinated.

Ah. Denial.
Hiding it won’t make it go away…

Since the odds of them dying if they were vaccinated are vanishingly small, it can be safely assumed that they weren’t.
There’s no assurance that those deaths will change the behaviour of the anti-vaxxers, except make them dig even deeper into deniability. One wonders how many of those victims denied they had covid…

8 Likes

Well, I suppose that’s one way to deal with police brutality. Sad that they’ll be infecting innocents along the way to the grave though.

5 Likes

Yet, their families will receive the same death benefits as if they were killed in the line of duty.

I do wonder where that money comes from.

(TBC, I think this bill made sense when there was no vaccine available. But if they refuse the vaccine, IMO, this should no longer apply.)

9 Likes

Site not accessible on the world wide web, only the US one, due to GDPR.

2 Likes

Well, if they’re not gonna go for gun control I think it entirely unreasonable of you to expect them to go for virus control! :wink:

ETA something, something, about a well-infected militia

7 Likes

My dumbass Lt. Gov dan patrick…

9 Likes

GQP: “We need stricter enforcement of the anti-pandemic policies already in place, uh… which uhhh… means… (whispers under breath) O dear Lord…”

4 Likes

My money is on increased police budgets in order to purchase drones and various robots to beat minorities, or whatever police do.

8 Likes

They also harass poor people of all colors, and seize property with questionable justification. That’s going to be some sophisticated robotics.

9 Likes