A police officer who missed the vaccine deadline tested positive for Covid the next day. Then he died

Originally published at: A police officer who missed the vaccine deadline tested positive for Covid the next day. Then he died | Boing Boing

6 Likes

40 Likes

FYI, @Carla_Sinclair and everyone - this officer’s family and others like him will still get death (or, in less deadly cases, disability) benefits as if they were injured in the line of duty.

I wish this were mentioned in every single story about these anti-vaxx police officers. You don’t want the vaccine? I mean, at the VERY least you should surrender those benefits.

42 Likes

Congratulations on his getting the Herman Cain Award, I guess.

25 Likes

Plot twist…it was Mrs. Nyce who turned him anti-vax

8 Likes

vaxnot

71 Likes

Ooh, very dark. Can’t wait to see the made-for-tv movie version.

7 Likes

Seriously, it’s getting easier and easier to make last-minute vacation rental reservations the closer I get to the holidays. It’s pretty awesome.

6 Likes

(ouch.)

5 Likes

Chronicle Headline: San Francisco police officer dies battling COVID-19 after failing to meet deadline for vaccination

Not getting your vaccinations is not “battling” COVID. It’s lying down and letting it kick your ass.

44 Likes

Don’t tread on me. The soil is still settling over my grave.
I’m sad for his family but glad for another anecdote.

4 Likes

All COVID deaths matter.

5 Likes

i wonder how many people this guy exposed to the virus before he did what unvaxxed people who get covid oftentimes do?

19 Likes

That seems a little odd if they can’t demonstrate where they contracted it.

1 Like

I guess that’s one way to get rid of bad cops. Too bad more of them aren’t doing this…

3 Likes

Nope. Anti vaxxer covid deaths are hilarious.

3 Likes

Its defunding and weeding out the bad cops at the same time.

3 Likes

Preaching to the choir.
I can see the logic when we didn’t yet have a safe, free and widely available vaccine. People still had to respond to emergencies, and wouldn’t really know where they contracted the virus.
This law should’ve been amended as soon as the vaccine was widely available.
I’ve called and written to all my representatives about this and heard jack shit back about it other than, “thanks for letting us know about your concern.”

11 Likes

Once again:

16 Likes

You know, Yakuza only have to get elaborate tattoos to show their loyalty.

Refusing to get vaccinated then dying of COVID seems a bit extreme by comparison.

14 Likes