A police officer who missed the vaccine deadline tested positive for Covid the next day. Then he died

10 Likes

This SF cop lived in Manteca? Man, a brutal 150 mile daily commute to get to a super-stressful job… and Mr. Tough Guy decides he doesn’t need a vaccine. He was probably so worn down that he could’ve died from a shaving cut, not to mention freaking Covid.

4 Likes

The life you save may be your own.

1 Like

Well if the vaccine hasn’t been tested thoroughly enough for them, at least the disease has been.

4 Likes

nyce.

2 Likes

oh wellp…
fa/fo

1 Like

My exact response. I did the gesture to my screen and everything as I read the article. When it comes to anti-vaxxers dying of COVID, I have moved from frustration, to indifference, to…detached amusement? Schadenfreude? I don’t know. It’s still a tragedy, but I can’t summon anything more.

2 Likes

Million Americans dying from Covid is a tragedy; one anti-vaxxer dying from Covid is a number.

1 Like

There’s even the extra layers in this case, as his job puts the public at risk if he’s not vaccinated, he’s ordered to get vaccinated, and then his resistance directly leads to his death.

2 Likes

In most places, failure to follow Company Rules would lead to dismissal & probably an inability to collect unemployment benefits.
This particular Employee was dismissed permanently, and I, for one, have no sympathy.
All Cops Are Employees, & there is nothing special about them, except that too damn many TV shows are made about them.

Anecdotal evidence to be sure, but every cop I have ever known [& some are family] is a king-hell Control Freak…

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.