Police officers and prison guards have some of the highest rates of COVID-19

Originally published at: Police officers and prison guards have some of the highest rates of COVID-19 | Boing Boing

4 Likes

One more data point showing that the “Blue Lives Matter” movement was never, ever about protecting the lives of police officers.

30 Likes

Who’d have thought regressive trumpist authoritarians of below average intelligence don’t protect themselves from a deadly disease.

15 Likes

Yep. Police Officer in the city my GF works for was 23 died from it last week. Unlike the cop who was shot to death couple years before, they haven’t announced a funeral procession along a route lined with flags. They have put out a gofundme for expenses. Took him about a month in the hospital to die from it. :confused:

2 Likes

With numbers like that, you’d think being in (and working in) prisons would be a major Humanitarian Crisis that can’t be ignored. And might be, in a different timeline. Maybe we need to imprison more rich scumbags so they can stage giant protests about the conditions and risks.

8 Likes

11 Likes

Survival of the least willfully stupid.

7 Likes

The byline of humanity.

5 Likes

As insufferable as I find NDT the man doesn’t tell lies.

4 Likes

Maybe if we made the masks yellow.

4 Likes

When you say picket or protest, I think “superspreader event.”
(Not a good idea in these COVID times, but on the other hand, a general “strike” to the revenue stream would be more effective.)

If I were a police officer, I would go contact free and refuse to issue citations unless the situation involves arrests.

They don’t care. The people dying are mostly in safe red districts.

Due to gerrymandering dynamics, I wonder how many of those districts are “safe red”, instead of something that will flip if there’s just a couple of percentage points’ shift in voting dynamics and demographics?

2 Likes

Would so many people be dying if it were just a few percentage points’ difference between the good guys and the bad guys?

What? Covid has overtaken guns? You guys clearly need bigger and better guns.
/s

The #1 killer of cops was traffic accidents. After that it was heart disease. Then violence.

Guns never were the biggest killer of cops.

6 Likes

So, with Covid, guns have slipped to 5th place, eh? Got need something with a belt feed if you gun owners aren’t going to be completely left behind.

/s/s just to make really sure.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.