Geographically representative map of the London Underground

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2016/09/16/geographically-representative.html

2 Likes

Thank you, very useful for my next game of Mornington Crescent. I think I can do something sneaky around Baker Street.

4 Likes

You mean… the Central Line isn’t actually shaped like a bottle?

All my drunk friends lied to me!

4 Likes

Every light rail line I ride when I travel, I askyself these kinds of questions about the mechanicals I can see, and what I can’t see. Surely this kind of thing should exist for every public train system in the world; I hope there’s enough train fandom geekiness to make it happen!

1 Like

Over on this side of the pond, we call that game, “Calvinball”.

1 Like

I hope that they can have an ‘age progression’ done so that we can imagine finding old rail assets in Shadowrun/Dragonfall. Diverse, cosmopolitan Schenectady don’t fail me now.

2 Likes

Having just escaped from that nightmare I don’t understand why they built it like that in the first place.

Sir, you have offended me and my ancestors.

Ah I am safe in Paris now, offending a totally different bunch of people.

Oh. As long as you’re offending the French at least the same amount, you are forgiven. </FriendlyXenophobia>

1 Like

Calvinball is to Mornington Crescent what Lacrosse is to Hockey. Similar concepts but very different sports. :laughing:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.