George Papadopoulos gets 14 days in jail, former Trump campaign adviser must also pay $9,500 fine

At this rate he’ll be getting the monument either way. He’s not the first modern Republican president to commit treason or the first to have mass indictments or convictions.

3 Likes

Seriously, just don’t. Whether you’re serious or not this is not a constructive thing to even fantasize about. As @Brainspore notes, it would turn the SOB into a martyr, and even if it didn’t, it would be a terrible outcome for other reasons.

8 Likes

Which Republican President has a nicer monument: Lincoln or Nixon?

8 Likes

Not that I’m taking a position, you understand.

2 Likes

Uh oh - given that it seems like he got this reduced sentence for cooperating, I’ll bet he’s getting nervous right now:

"DNC Lawyers Raise Prospect That Papadopoulos’s U.K. Contact May Be Dead"

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-09-07/dnc-lawyers-raise-prospect-papadopoulos-u-k-contact-may-be-dead

3 Likes

I’ve been wondering…

1. Didn’t Manafort make a deal because
    a) he is loyal to POtuS?
    or
    b) he is scared shitless of some of his former, uh, business associates?

2. If it is b) - would he even want a pardon?
    Staying in Club Fed and keeping stumm seems like the better option. And maybe that’s the deal he actually made - just not with the prosecution.

4 Likes

I, for one, would like to see him in prison.

3 Likes

George Papadopoulos gets 14 days in jail

tumblr_p36dps7izR1w97wono2_500

5 Likes

“Youngest President, EVER! You’ve never seen a President this young. Young. Ambitious.”

2 Likes

I fine you $9500.00

3 Likes

Or 1/130th of the time that a Black woman gets for casting a provisional vote while unaware that she’d already been disenfranchised.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/13/us/texas-woman-voter-fraud.html

1 Like

14 days in the slammer? WTF!

4 Likes

Well, that’s a pretty strange response. Are you saying my posting is not true? Are you saying Oliver north did not benefit from being treasonous against the United States of America? Beside, that ‘assume’ cliche is so fucking old. Just come out and say what you’re actually trying to say.

Yeah, I saw a headline elsewhere which said he got jailed and was all like ‘yessssssss!’. Then I read the story and the actual sentence. White man’s privilege in action again, I guess.

(Off topic: I adore that gif! The way he stamps his little foot… omg.)

2 Likes

The maximum punishment for 18 U.S. Code § 1001 is 5 years in prison, and 8 years if the case involves domestic or foreign terrorism.

Some how 14 days doesn’t add up to 5 years.

1 Like

I thought everyone in prison or on probation isn’t allowed to vote…? I have a friend who’s a felon and he told me he had to be 5 years out of prison to vote in PA.

It varies state by state, and not everyone is aware of the “or on probation” part.

Disenfranchisement-as-punishment is not a normal thing outside the USA, for good reason. It has obvious paths to abuse.

In my neighbourhood (Oz), you can vote from inside prison unless you’re serving a sentence of more than three years. If you’re doing 3+, your obligation to vote is suspended while inside but restored immediately upon release.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.