George Santos even confuses Twitter, who temporarily suspended his official account

Originally published at: George Santos even confuses Twitter, who temporarily suspended his official account | Boing Boing

5 Likes

“Maybe they couldn’t verify his identity,” Filipkowski quipped.

Santos should have paid the eight bucks. There had to be something left over from the money he stole from the sick dog.

15 Likes

it’s becoming increasingly clear we’re all going to have to see his long-form birth certificate, eh?

/s, just in case

15 Likes

Santos’s Paradox:

If he cannot prove that he is the real George Santos, his account will be suspended for violating Twitter’s rules against impersonation; conversely, if he can prove that he is the real George Santos, his account will be suspended for violating Twitter’s rules against impersonation.

13 Likes

12 followers. probably all media outlets, plus kevin.

4 Likes

You just know we’re eventually going to find out that his real identity is Kitara Ravache, and all the other ones were made up.

5 Likes

Wow, maybe the real George Santos passport/birth certificate identity is Kitara Rivache and the Anthony Devolder and George Santos personas are actually drag king performances? Not that there is anything wrong with that, other than all the lying, stealing, ‘dark money’ laundering and other crimes (hello Brazil? yes we’ve got a tip for you). It’d be delicious irony if they aren’t even an American citizen!

3 Likes

What identity?

3 Likes

Point of linguistic pedantry: “What identity?” is an existential question, it is implying that there is no identity.

The correct question is “Which identity?”

5 Likes

I intended it as an existential question; I meant to imply that he does not have any real identity.

He is a fictional character who happens to reside in a physical body.

4 Likes

Not “He’s a couple of dozen fictional characters who happen to …”?

If there is no “real” identity, then the fictional ones are all just as real as each other.

5 Likes

Exactly. There’s nothing real in the middle of the web of lies.

3 Likes

How does Congress know he’s the same guy all those people voted for anyway?

Can I just show up at the Capitol and start telling people I’m George Santos?

How would they know I’m not?

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.