George Santos' donors don't seem to exist

Originally published at: George Santos' donors don't seem to exist | Boing Boing

18 Likes

I’m beginning to suspect that he’s actually already a member of the UK Conservative Cabinet.

39 Likes

I hear that he invented email.

29 Likes

Has anyone actually seen George Santos and Shiva Ayyadurai in the same room at the same time? Maybe after he failed in his campaigns in Massachusetts he decided to give it a go in New York?

18 Likes

Sure they do - in Russia.

18 Likes

I’m sure there’s some perfectly reasonable explanation.

Santos should probably just double down and announce that he is actually John F. Kennedy jr, and he’s here to release the Kraken or bring the Storm or whatever the latest version of QAnon eschatology is pushing this month. Then even his most vocal Republican critics will be too intimidated to challenge him, and he can just go on doing whatever he does.

26 Likes

I’m probably just dense but I don’t see the point in inventing donors. We know What’s-His-Name got the money. Is this just a tactic to distract us from trying to discover who his donors really were? Seems like a rather half-baked way to do it, but then Santos has demonstrated before that he’s far from fully baked.

9 Likes

I’ve got a working theory that George Anthony Kitara Devolder is actually a hologram *.

* Not an actual hologram of course, more of a free range, AI-controlled persistence of vision platform powered by coal gasification and cognitive dissonance. Who would build such a thing is an exercise left to the reader.

15 Likes

Maybe campaign donation limits?

$100 each from JohnDoe1-1000 would be okay. $100,000 from one foreign-sounding gentleman wouldn’t be.

11 Likes

The transparency of the lies suggests a complete ignorance of human culture. Is he the vanguard of the invasion fleet?
Episode 1 Aliens GIF by The Simpsons

19 Likes

I realize the background is a replacement, but is the image of him from his official congress photo? Because it looks like an SNL character.

6 Likes

Can’t he get a note excusing him from answering signed by his mum? When she’s not dead again of course.

7 Likes

I’m getting more of a Toby Maguire resemblance…

3 Likes

red dwarf 80s GIF

15 Likes

Also: the actual donors may not legally be allowed to give him money for a political campaign (e.g. the Russian government), the money was actually stolen (a number of donors to his previous campaign have come forward to say that their credit cards were used without their permission to make much larger payments to his most recent campaign), and he’s almost certainly been using his campaign for money laundering - his expenditures have been just as suspect as his donations (lots of payments at one cent below the mandatory reporting amount to businesses real and fake). There are layers of financial shenanigans with his campaign (and his finances in general). So… yeah, lots of (criminal) reasons.

24 Likes

Yeah, it is pretty remarkable that so many vendors just happened to charge his campaign $199.99. What an amazing coincidence. I can’t help but think that his campaign was at some level just intended to be a money laundering front, but like Trump, the dog caught the car.

23 Likes

All this stuff out in the open, he’s still collecting a paycheck (presumably), and if I’d have done half of this while trying to apply for a job at Taco Bell, I’d have at least been fired.

It’s hard to maintain the level of outrage required to get anything done if we, you know, never get anything done.

11 Likes

Why hasn’t he been deported to Brazil yet?

5 Likes

Because literally every politician, no matter how impotent, gets to live under a different set of rules than the rest of us.

10 Likes

Mayhaps he’ll join the ranks of Republican politicians who became better known for the comedic fodder they provided to SNL than for anything they actually accomplished in their careers, like Sean Spicer or Sarah Palin.

11 Likes