George Santos' donors don't seem to exist

Evil ventriloquist dummy.

7 Likes

Melissa Mccarthy Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

Saturday Night Live Finger Guns GIF by HULU

14 Likes

Um, yeah, people, while we make fun of him he’s infiltrating congress like a regular pod person.

2 Likes

there is also the fact that he seems to lie about who he is and what he has done in his life, to a larger degree than is common in politicians (they surely lie about what they’re going to do more than who they are).

6 Likes

Literally LOL here at my desk. You’ve got it. You win. I’m done with the internet for today.

7 Likes
10 Likes

Santos=ChatGOP. You feed it parameters and it spits out whatever you want to hear.

10 Likes

George Santos is Satoshi Nakamoto! It all makes sense now!

7 Likes

I think, like Trump, he wasn’t used to the idea of there being consequences - in Santos’ case, because his crimes up until this point were minor enough that he could just move and/or use different names to wriggle out of them.

5 Likes

2 Likes

Well, now that he and Pikachu have retired from TV he needed something else to do.

Of course George Santos is Japanese and a Pokémon trainer.

5 Likes

3 Likes

If they don’t exist; there’s no conflict of interest. /s

10 Likes

Well…until he is actually charged and/or convicted of a crime, the only people who can kick him out of Congress are his fellow Republicans, and they have made it clear that they will not do that. There is no mechanism for a recall election for US Representatives, and Democrats don’t have enough votes to eject him on their own. So Long Island voters can’t kick him out and Democrats can’t kick him out. He is, I believe, under investigation for campaign finance violations, but that investigation will take time. This looks like a smoking gun, but prosecutors still need to do the investigation and get their case locked down before charging him. I understand and share your frustration, but sadly, it’s really up to the GOP to do something about him right now.

6 Likes

If he wasn’t a US citizen for at least seven years before the election, that would be an express route out of Congress, but of course, someone has to check that.

8 Likes

The fact that there’s no outright crime of falsifying documents is absurd. If he wrote ANYWHERE that he was a college graduate on official paper, that’s your smoking gun.

Again, politicians live under a different set of rules than the rest of us. You can’t convince me otherwise. The fact that everyone knows his history is demonstrably false “but we need to wait for the process to play out” is because we, as polite society, haven’t demanded more.

3 Likes

They know he’s a fake but lack the guts to fire him.

7 Likes

They need the eggs.

6 Likes

I haven’t been following this story closely, but it seems to have gradually morphed from something worthy of The Onion to something worthy of the SCP Wiki. Does everything he touches turn to lies? Like, if we put him in a room with an irrefutable proof of some mathematical theorem, will that proof suddenly become wrong? Does any association with him retroactively scramble historical records? Is he some weird mutant half-formed antimeme?

4 Likes

When George Santos was left in a room with the Kilogram Standard for an hour, it turned into 2.2 pounds.

6 Likes