Illustrious resumé of New York GOP congressman is work of fiction

Originally published at: Illustrious resumé of New York GOP congressman is work of fiction | Boing Boing

11 Likes

Almost as if people vote for an R or a D these days and that nobody pays attention to the clowns next to the letters.

That the opposing party didn’t didn’t bother with any opposition research is lazy and shameful.

36 Likes

I mean, would I vote for a Democrat with a bogus resume over a Republican? Probably

21 Likes

The best people, believe me…

16 Likes

Brazil does have an extradition treaty with the U.S.

Edit:

“in 2008, a 19-year-old Santos allegedly stole the checkbook of one of his mother’s nursing clients, and used it to make various purchases. Santos reportedly confessed to and was charged with the crime in 2010, but authorities were unable to locate him, and the case remains unresolved.”

….
In the U.S. - the statute of limitation doesn’t apply when you skip out on filed charges.
….

“While Santos’ personal finances remain somewhat of a mystery, his campaign finances have been slightly more transparent, as required by federal law. In November The Daily Beast identified$32,800 poured into Santos’ campaign by the cousin of Russian oligarch Viktor Vekselberg, who maintains close ties to Russian President Vladimir Putin. Santos’ campaign was unsurprisingly closely aligned with the Kremlin’s viewpoint on the invasion of Ukraine. In an interview with The Washington Post Santos called Ukraine “a totalitarian regime,” and repeated Russian talking points alleging that eastern portions of Ukraine’s territory had “welcomed Russians into their provinces,” and “feel more Russian than Ukrainian.”

42 Likes

“Welcome to Congress … I think you’re gonna fit right in.”

21 Likes

So he’s fired, right?

/s

(I mean, pretty much any one of his many lies about his past would get people fired from most jobs. But yeah, he’s elevated himself above us little people by getting elected, so . . . :angry: )

25 Likes

I would NEVER vote for the R, ever. I might not vote for the D in that case, but there’s not a damn thing that’ll make me vote for an R, especially here in TX where they are obligated to support the platform.

32 Likes

Well, of course there is no record of him; he was undercover, infiltrating the Deep State!

18 Likes

So the perfect Republican then. . . .

16 Likes

We were wondering where that missing Tory got to.
We don’t want him back, mind you.

14 Likes

It does make me wonder if/how he gets a security clearance (or perhaps those are only for the executive branch, and therein apparently when the person is not e.g the Son-in-Law-in-Chief)

16 Likes

i think the dem party machine was so worried about lee zeldin winning for governor that this fraud slipped through the cracks. now that his lies have been exposed, i am sure he will follow his conscience and resign. /s

16 Likes

…he lied …was involved in a ponzi scheme, …has a criminal background…

In other words, a Republican.

23 Likes

Is it me, or are GOPer tend to just “have faith” rather than fact-check their own people, reserving fact-checking for their opponents only?

6 Likes

The question then is: Is the crime he’s accused of significant enough that Brazil would go to the trouble to request he be extradited?

This unfortunately doesn’t seem to be the sort of crime that would get someone extradited.

It’s a real shame this dirtbag will likely be keeping his new position.

11 Likes

I guess it depends on how much he stole.

11 Likes

Dude seems to be a compulsive liar or fantasist of some sort - in a few years he went from being being evicted for failure to pay a year’s worth of rent, to claiming he owned a bunch of properties (and, ironically, complaining about how as a landlord he couldn’t make people pay their rent). He lied about his financial disclosures, too, looks like, and the company he currently works for/runs is a Ponzi scheme. Oh, and his address, where he’s registered to vote? The residents have never heard of him. I think his lies might have crossed over from “political liabilities” to “actual crimes.”

Given what it looks like he’s been up to in the US, they might have to wait for him to get out of jail here, first.

If by “fired” you mean “criminal charges,” then yeah, probably.

13 Likes

I recommend reading the NYT article. The sheer quantity of unending lies has a kind of hilarious cumulative effect. How did nobody know about all this before he got elected?

13 Likes

And - where was the New York Times then?

22 Likes