B'bye George Santos! The "disgusted" Congressliar says he will NOT return in 2024

Originally published at: George Santos says bye bye to 2024

2 Likes

There was almost no chance he was going to get re-elected either way. Unless he is expelled from Congress or somehow forced to resign all this is just spectacle.

18 Likes

The “disgusted” Congressliar says he will NOT return in 2024

Soooo…he’s running?

10 Likes

Lying to the very end. I’ll believe this when I see it happen.

8 Likes

wow. this statement of his…; he really, really quadruples down multiple times, doesnt he?

8 Likes

Meanwhile:

Miele’s plea came three months after his arrest and it makes him the second person involved in Santos’s campaign to plead guilty to crimes involving the legislator, who also faces fraud charges.

(Free link)

7 Likes

So he might be Trump’s running mate huh?

5 Likes

“I will remain steadfast in fighting for my rights and for defending my name in the face of adversity… I will not stand by as I am stoned by those who have flaws themselves. I will continue on my mission to serve my constituents up until I am allowed,”

Hmmm, that has a familiar ring to it. Something about “…the sword of truth and the shield of British justice…?”

aitken

2 Likes

Why wait, resign now.

7 Likes

Go Away GIF by Ryn Dean

6 Likes

My fear is this fucker going back to Brazil.

4 Likes

It needs more capital letters and exclamation marks, but otherwise this could be Trump.

Come to think of it, we’ve probably reached the point where Republicans think that they should emulate Trump’s rhetorical style. After all, he has the “best words”.

5 Likes

Go Away GIF by Bounce

6 Likes

The fact that he was allowed to vote in Congress at all is a stain on the integrity of ALL of the House. I’ll bet money he was approached early by the GOP and told “As long as you vote Republican on every single issue and never contradict The Party, we won’t let you be prosecuted and dragged out by your hair.”

7 Likes

No one’s stopping you from leaving right now, George. No one at all. Just something to think about.

4 Likes

Goodness, he’s ALL in a huff.

3 Likes

taps foot impatiently

So, is it 2024 yet?

3 Likes

Oh, George, no one considers you an adversary. You’re just a nincompoop.

2 Likes

Not taking money for the job he isn’t doing would be the action of an honest person.

4 Likes

Fox News reported that he may not make it to 2024 as a member of the House.

Guest filing the resolution on Friday tees up an expected vote on whether to boot Santos from the House sometime after lawmakers return from the Thanksgiving break on Nov. 28.

Some of the representatives who voted not to expel him in the previous votes said they’d voted that way because he hadn’t been convicted in court nor had the Ethics Committee issued their report. Now that the Ethics Committee has spoken, I’m guessing they may vote to kick him out (especially with the chair of the Ethics Committee filing the resolution!)

8 Likes