B'bye George Santos! The "disgusted" Congressliar says he will NOT return in 2024

It’s amazing how many lies plus complete deflections are in such a short piece of work.

Truly you can see why he was the 5 time winner of the Pulitzer and a 3 time Neustadt winner.

1 Like

It reads like it was written by someone on the third-tier team of a mediocre high school debate club.

2 Likes

Which one?

6 Likes

And that, right there, is the neatest summation of the muskiverse I’ve read.

Nice one.

5 Likes

I’m surprised he didn’t combine the statement with a fundraising pitch.

4 Likes

I thought it was the Ukraine…/s

I could be wrong - but I think it’s difficult to serve as a member of Congress and be incarcerated at the same time.

1 Like

He wouldn’t win reelection anyway. I’m angry that taxpayers will be stuck paying his congressional pension.

Luckily as discussed earlier that’s not the case. You don’t get a congressional pension unless you’ve been there at least five years.

3 Likes

I am really curious what he will be doing in 5 years.

Hopefully, “hard time.”

7 Likes

This very much has the energy of someone in the process of getting ejected from a restaurant, the cops are in the process of being called, and declaring that they’ve decided not to have dessert…

4 Likes

I’d wager either turning on his handlers and testifying against them…

Or

Falling out of a window onto 35 bullets in what will be labeled “an accident.”

IKR? It’s a bad idea to fight a war on two fronts, let alone three or four plus…

2 Likes

Brazil is HUGE. Perhaps…

I don’t know if he has handlers. I think he’s just a conman who was like, “I’ll try politics, that’s a good trick!”

The problem is, where did he get all the money for this congressional run? The FEC has found the many of the people who donated for his campaign were fake. That’s what he was indicted for. The money came from somewhere, and it’s not from the usual republican dark money sources because those are shady, but legal. His funding was illegal.

His family history that he states would have him be born in Brazil, but Brazil claims no information about his birth exists and says he’s American. Records he presented have been shown to be fakes or not authenticated (or authenticatable.) He’s lied so much about his history that people cannot actually track down any aspects of it with validity beyond the past 10 or so years. He’s worked high ranking jobs doing… nothing? And drawing a salary? Under multiple names each of which also have no history.

My guess is he’s a solely fictionally created person being run by some state intelligence agency and got burned.

Pop Tv What GIF by Schitt's Creek

I think he’s just a shitty grifter like a million other shitty grifters… Assuming he’s some spy is just giving that guy way too much credit.

11 Likes

I don’t think he’s a spy. I think he’s an asset. And a shitty one at that who clearly didn’t follow orders. I can buy he’s a grifter if he grifted FROM people… but well over half the people he got money from to run for congress simply don’t exist. So where’d that money COME from? His jobs, nobody knows who he was or what he did, just that he got paid. The investment company he worked at had Putin linked oligarchs paying money for… something? The list goes on and on. His own colleagues in his own party don’t even believe that George Santos is his real name. And yet, he was given a seat in the Committee on Science, Space, and Technology. , and a clearance.

Sure, he’s a shitty grifter TOO, but like I said, why does nobody seem to have any information on this man before 2013?

ETA : When I applied for a government contracting job out of college in the mid 90s, I had to list every single teacher I had back to kindergarten. My freaking babysitter from the 80s got a phone call. The fact that we don’t know this guy’s real name and he’s a sitting member of congress is terrifying.

2 Likes

There is potential for a great biopic in his story. He’s like a modern Great Gatsby, but without any of the redeeming features.