Georgia man arrested at Capitol insurrection commits suicide

i appreciate what you’re saying, and many of them need to hear that message. because, you’re right. they acted courageously and went far and above the line of duty to protect congress and literally democracy

i also want to point out that at least a few were collaborators. two have been suspended but there are doubtless more.

we don’t know that at all. it could be exactly the same motivation.

for all we know people used suicide as a way to stop from ratting other people out, or because they were afraid for their families if the details of what they did were public, or – more likely – less nefarious reasons too. who knows, maybe covid just killed a dear friend.

it’s hard with an op on subjects like this not to speculate, but we really shouldn’t speculate. there’s an infinity of reasons, and not enough information.

we live in a certain kind of society, awash in guns, white fragility, and toxic masculinity. the capitol police saved that usa from a coup born out of that usa. trump too was born out of that usa.

i’m exceedingly grateful for them and their actions. i also don’t want their actions to become a justification for raising their budget another half a billion, and committing to making the capitol building an impenetrable fortress.

i thank them, and i still believe defunding the police is the right way to address the present moment.

8 Likes