The costumed QAnon cultist who invaded the Capitol says he was duped by Trump

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2021/01/22/the-costumed-qanon-cultist-who-invaded-the-capitol-says-he-was-duped-by-trump.html

14 Likes

uHYFJwuK_400x400

42 Likes

I don’t think that being a con man’s mark is a valid legal defense.

78 Likes

Can’t do the time, don’t do the crime. You’re 33, not 13, you knew better.

But. But. But if you’re willing to testify in Trump’s trial that you took his words as a direct call to action to storm the Capital building and overthrow the Democrats… well then… we’ll reduce your sentence a bit for that.

The more of these folks who testify that Trump instigated the riot, the better for any opportunity to prosecute him for it.

65 Likes

Sorry, but no.

At the end of the day, it was still his choice and his decision to actually enter the capitol and wander around, treating the whole thing like some kind of photo op. I have no doubt that all he was concerned with at the time was how many likes and new followers he would get on social media.

37 Likes

Morticia_Tea

28 Likes

reality is a bitch. sorry, my dude, but you’re goin’ to JAIL.

31 Likes

Perhaps all the credulous morons of America (CMOA) should get together and issue a class-action suit against trump, the republican party, and fox"news"?

29 Likes

Today in “No-forking-shirt, Idiot”

11 Likes

He regrets very very much having not just been duped by the President, but by being in a position where he allowed that duping to put him in a position to make decisions he should not have made

Fuckwit. Hardly needs more than a few brain cells to assemble enough critical thinking to wonder if this was all a con!

At least he sees it now. Many marks refuse to admit being grifted, and double down. The orange grifter will be emptying their bank accounts in the months to come.

21 Likes

If you’re dumb enough to have been duped by trump and Q, then you probably deserve whatever bad things happened to you.

I doubt anyone was “fooled” by trump in any real sense anyway. It was very clear and obvious who trump is. He didn’t hide that he was such a bad person. Trump supporters just accepted that as fine by them. They weren’t fooled. They’re just kind of shitty people and are asking for the benefit of the doubt when that’s unreasonable.

Even when they are attempting to display contrition, it rings hollow considering the levels of hatred and cruelty they displayed the last 5 years. They could have turned back when they saw all the evil things trump does. It was just acceptable to them. Desirable to a lot of them.

43 Likes

Something something personal responsibility, son! The Republican are the party of personal responsibility! (Well, for some people anyway…)

32 Likes

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

55 Likes

I wonder if the crowd he was a part of would have been willing to give the same leniency he wants, to the politicians and Democrats that they were attacking? I don’t think so. He should be thankful that the worst he is going to get is jail time rather than being beaten with a hockey stick and brought to a gallows.

37 Likes

This. It’s almost as though he was trying to overthrow the very system that is now working hard to make sure he’s innocent until proven guilty, giving him every chance at defending himself, and then will punish him in a humane way. Almost…

When the leopards don’t win, nobody gets their face eaten. Isn’t this nice, cosplay Viking guy?

42 Likes

The Loud-and-Charismatic-Man-Yelled-So-I-Did-It Defense worked so well at Nuremberg!

23 Likes

His lawyer should beg for leniency because his client is an idiot.

11 Likes

Sure we can.

Terrorists.

See how easy (and accurate) that is?

34 Likes

I mean, many terrorists are brainwashed and lead astray by zealots and demagogues. Doesn’t mean they aren’t liable for their crimes. It is called personal responsibility.

The surest way I’d get my ass beat back in the day is to blame my actions on someone else doing it, or telling me to do it.

13 Likes

cool-story-bro1 1492064848_asian-girl-smiling

16 Likes