The costumed QAnon cultist who invaded the Capitol says he was duped by Trump

Halloween is one of my favorite holidays. I LOVE making costumes for myself and my girls. I’ve been a vampire, paper-machete Cthulhu, Odin, Minecraft Steve, a king, a pirate and so many others.

Yet I never felt the need to grab a spear and threaten the lives of others. You made that bed, now lie in it.

17 Likes

Irony button on…
For many years eating organic and being into meditation gave one the reputation for being a peacenik, somewhat pallid pseudo hippie. At long last! Another stereotype laid to rest.
Irony button off.

12 Likes

Yeah he was “duped by Trump”

What he means is, Trump didn’t try to use the military, didn’t refuse to leave the white house, didn’t march to the capitol with them.

In other words, Trump was a cuck who sold out the revolution. That was the “duping”, this guy wanted full on warfare and beheadings and he didn’t get it.

20 Likes

Maybe, maybe he genuinely believed Trump would pardon him. Everything else is just trying to weasel out of the consequences. Just like people weren’t duped into voting for Trump because they were poor innocent coal miners who just wanted jobs, they weren’t fooled into becoming terrorists and trying to overturn a legal election. Trump was a paper-thin excuse for behaving how they already wanted to behave. These aren’t weak-minded oafs with hearts of gold, they’re vicious bigots and bullies who will happily do it all again if they think they can get away with it. Lock him up and throw away the key.

18 Likes

Channel 4 News ran a 12 minute segment about this idiot - the bit where his co conspirators gleefully confirm to the camera that he’s a Trump supporter might come to bite them all:

8 Likes

YOU DON’T SAY!!! Tell me more!

1 Like

I think that’s pretty much what he was doing only in more expensive words.

4 Likes

Mmm, no.

8 Likes

Yeah, No. This guy’s 15 minutes of fame are up. Right to jail.

8 Likes

So the wakeup call isn’t all the terrible things Trump said, did, and told others to do, it was that Trump didn’t follow through and therefore his client deserves leniency?

11 Likes

Karma is tough for trump supporters as their leading edge finally conceded that they were duped by a lying trump.

2 Likes

Ignoring the past 70 years of wake up calls, a really good one the day of the riot was: Trump said he would go down to the Capitol with his mob of idiots, then turned around and went back in the White House instead. That would have been a good wake up call. That would have been a good a moment to say, “hey, this guy seems a little disingenuous.”

8 Likes

Reminds me of an old The People’s Court segment where Judge Joe Wapner had to listen to a gullible couple complain of being duped in a “contest” (expecting a free motorcycle… getting a child’s bicycle, instead) then hitting the couple with this (verbatim): “…there’s no free lunch” and “… there’s a sucker born every day”.

2 Likes

nooooooope… It’s like this: his lawyer said, “You are truely and royally fooked! You committed SEDITION! And you are going to spend the rest of your life in prison, Shaman-Boy! But I MIGHT get it down to 10 years if you unequivocally denounce Mango Mousolini. Now wipe off that stupid face paint, put on a suit, and KEEP YOUR GODDAMN MOUTH SHUT!”

10 Likes

Saying “I only did it because he told me to!” is the kind of thing my mom would have a wonderful sarcastic reply to. Some variation of “if Timmy from down the street jumped off a bridge, would you do it too?”

8 Likes

Papasan is back?! Yay!

10 Likes

Umm.

eta: Consider his circle of friends.

15 Likes

Mob behavour is scary. Having slightly less than half of your population radicalized is even scarier.

My guess is a large part of the radicalized people are not bad people per-se and could maybe be deradicalized. I refuse to believe half of all U.S. citizens are knowingly evil because that would be too scary and I wouldn’t be able to sleep at night.

I wish all you US based boingboingers a lot of strength and luck the coming years, you’ll need it. And I fear we’re not so very far behind over here on the other side of the atlantic.

10 Likes

Papasan in the house!

Joshua Tree house that is…

22 Likes

It’s not quite as bad as that. 40% of the population doesn’t vote, and the radicalized portion is a subset of the people who voted R again. Which… Running the numbers… 330 million divided by… Yeah, it’s still really bad.

8 Likes