Get outraged with possible lesbians holding hands on a Starbucks coffee cup

uuuuugghhhhh. do these people have nothing better to do?

2 Likes

It seems unhelpful to categorize them as hands. All categories are inherently false.

3 Likes

I gotta confess that there’s something catchy about “get outraged with possible lesbians” full stop. It invites so many questions! For example:

• How do possible lesbians compare to impossible lesbians?

• What might cause possible lesbians to become outraged?

• Why might someone, lesbian or otherwise, want to share outrage with possible lesbians?

• Do possible lesbians decay like radioactive isotopes, and if so what are the possible daughter products?

• Do probable, not merely possible, lesbians invoke outrage?

12 Likes

Relax, no lesbians here.

36 Likes

And it hasn’t occurred to anybody that straight women sometimes hold hands? It’s impossible for men, granted, but surely those men have wives, or maybe they have observed other men’s wives?

11 Likes

They provably don’t.

2 Likes

It’s a war on Christmas by those right-wing Festivus people.

4 Likes

Ah yes, this year’s hot steaming nothingburger slathered in whogivesafuck, delivered right on schedule. Someone get Josh “I paid Starbucks to protest Starbucks” Feuerstein on the phone right away!

I’ll be over here eating popcorn and laughing. And may I be the first to say Happy Holidays to everyone.

5 Likes

I think this is partially right. But also, let’s not forget that Starbucks is froo-froo left coast culture, so they are a target.

1 Like

To be fair, I can understand the concern.
I’m a 69 year old man and looking at that ad, jeez, I could feel myself becoming lesbian.

15 Likes

I literally saw this happen between two friends earlier…

…and now I’m thinking, bow chicca wow wow.

1 Like

You mean there’s somewhere I’ll be able to get a coffee without being harassed because of who I am? I’ll have to go to Starbucks more often!

5 Likes

Meh. Women are allowed public displays of affection in North America. Not particularly gay; I’ve known plenty of female besties who cuddle with each other. (And sometimes argue about who gets to be “Big Spoon”)

What will really bake your noodle is if you travel to parts of Asia (ones which are plenty homophobic) and you see straight dudes walking down the street holding hands, or dancing with each other in clubs.

ETA: It’s then that you realize the West (and the USA in particular) has a homophobia problem.

22 Likes

but what is “core values” fundamentally has as one tenet a lack of liberation for women? that girls are fundamentally reproductive individuals?

This is a bit like Schroedinger’s cat, isn’t it?

1 Like

So this kind of thing is what makes still buy the occasional coffee from Starbucks. Good on them.

1 Like

We need help from a hand phrenologist that can easily spot lesbian hands.

4 Likes

In the Netherlands with my most brain challenged of exes, he remarked that there a lot of lesbians around, He saw woman walking hand in hand or arm in arm. It took me a while to explain it is a european custom.Meanwhile I had to try to keep him out of gay cruising spaces In the toilets of the metro and those on the strreet pissiors He never clued in to the fact that they were gay spaces

11 Likes

Yup. And an expensive coffee problem.

5 Likes

Possible lesbians? That’s hot!

2 Likes