Get perfect crispy rice at the push of a button with this cooker

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/08/24/get-perfect-crispy-rice-at-the.html

Also, you just love when ad copy tells you how you feel!

4 Likes

Odd. Only this morning I woke up at 3 a.m. in a cold sweat, screaming, from a terrifying nightmare in which aliens forced me to make crispy rice for them with sous-vide equipment in a car wash.

9 Likes

Oh, apparently this doesn’t make breakfast cereal. =(

10 Likes

Can I just use a blowtorch instead?

Crispy rice at “your favorite sushi place”??? I associate crispy rice with the socarrat at the bottom of a paella, or with Persian rice, but not with sushi. I think your ad copy AI is on drugs.

ETA: watched the hilarious product demo video, definitely a Persian thing, has nothing to do with “trendy sushi”. Your ad copy AI is DEFINITELY on drugs.

10 Likes

the best crispy rice is much smaller medallions with green onion and sesame seeds, pan fried on both sides.
so so easy to make, always a winner.

not sure how a device makes this any easier, the crisped rice this thing makes looks more like someone burned their rice in a pan.

1 Like

I was thinking the same thing - someone makes a pushbutton paella machine that doesn’t suck and I’m in. :smiley:

1 Like

How is it in a bowl with milk?

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.