Getting to know the Trolls of Middle-Earth

Originally published at: Getting to know the Trolls of Middle-Earth | Boing Boing

4 Likes

I honestly was expecting this to be an article about the various people currently review-bombing the new show because it has so many women as lead characters.

25 Likes

It is funny because it is true :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :roll_eyes:

6 Likes

I assumed the same.

I am sad for trolls, poor fellas

7 Likes

Oh! Those trolls. I thought you meant the ones who’re bellyaching because some of the cast members are non-white.

7 Likes

Or bombing the show since Elves and Dwarves must be white.

Perhaps off topic, but does no one else see a strong resemblance between the Trolls in the John Bauer thumbnail (“Look at my sons…”) and the Skeksis (or perhaps the Mystics) in The Dark Crystal?

I wasn’t aware of the John Bauer works previously…pretty neat stuff.

1 Like

Exactly, there’s a rich variety of trolls out there from the misogynists, racists, and any number of different types of haters and shitposters. One could easily write an in-depth article discussing the various groups and sub-groups and how each is reacting to the new show.

Well done, @garethb2 - some excellent headline driving trollies. (FWIW, I thought the same thing.)

5 Likes

Totally busted. Yes, this was blatant headline trolling. I actually had a line in there about the OTHER kind of trolls, but removed it.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.