Ghost hunters left behind electronic device at "haunted" museum, causing a bomb scare

Originally published at: Ghost hunters left behind electronic device at "haunted" museum, causing a bomb scare | Boing Boing

1 Like

oops.

It’s hard to tell from the story whether the box had been intentionally left behind or not. Was it supposed to be continuously scanning for ghosts?

I suppose most bomb makers would write something like “This is not a bomb” on the fancy box that they put their bombs into.

3 Likes

Maybe it’s haunted by the ghost of a ghostbuster?

1 Like

So, it was indeed haunted… by stupidity and superstition.

2 Likes

The Muppet Christmas Carol Ghost GIF by filmeditor

4 Likes

Shoulda left one of these, with some kind of motion sensor to activate it.

Give the visitors to a haunted museum what they want-- goosebumps.

(Disclaimer: Management is not responsible for soiled underwear.)

4 Likes

I wanna know what sort of testing determined that the box was untested.

2 Likes

Oh, no, homemade wiring! It could have been a Zika-infected mosquito dispenser! Or it could have been an anthrax flinger! Or a box full of nuclear waste!

See? I can make up all kinds of stupid shit it isn’t, too!

God, people are so intentionally stupid lately.

3 Likes

As someone who frequently traveled with a full sized carry on full of electronics parts shortly after 9/11, I know exactly how weird people can be about this stuff.

And how scared a TSA agent can get.

3 Likes

Did they point their guns at you?

1 Like

No, thank God.

But I remember one TSA agent instantly going slack jawed, mute, and pale, like a cartoon. My boss calmly explained the situation while shooting me dirty looks because I was laughing my ass off at the absurdity of the whole thing.

I may have been put on some kind of list after that, or been selected for extra screenings. That, or my luck with the “randomized screenings” was just really bad.

If I had more melanin I would have gotten a gun drawn on me.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.