Gif Peanut Butter available March 1, 2020

I prefer the simple pleasures of my childhood: z80 vs 6502 - which has the better instruction set?

Not that the answer isn’t clear of course.

1 Like

I have loved this song since I was 7.

“I wish I could g-nash my teeth at you!”

1 Like

So they’re putting “Jif” and “Gif” on the exact same product and that’s supposed to indicate to people that the words are pronounced differently? Noting “Hard g” won’t help either. At least I never remember which is which. I’m not sure this will have the effect they’re hoping for.

1 Like

1 Like

Any peanut butter aficionados here should check out Adams Peanut butter. It is a bit more expensive, but it’s just peanuts and a pinch of salt, and somehow tastes better than any other brand.

2 Likes

2 Likes

When I look at it, I see the word “gin” with an ‘f’ in place of the ‘n’.

3 Likes

Maybe we should ask the folks over at JitHub?

2 Likes

Exactly! You need to be a drunk to pronounce it with a soft G! :wink:

I do really want a Gin and Tonic now though.

4 Likes

Deep cut.

2 Likes

“Foie gras” is French. And French is easy: you only pronounce half the letters. You just have to know which half.

2 Likes
3 Likes

It’s pronounced giraffics.

5 Likes

(Ironically, it’s a JPEG)

5 Likes

Hard G. Source:

1 Like

Both pronunciations are correct. Source:

Or no, the only right way is with the soft G. Source:

Frankly, folks, it’s an argument that’s fun as hell, and totally useless in determining anything. You pronounce it your way, I’ll pronounce it my way, and neither is wrong.

3 Likes

Neither; the 6510 (found in the Commodore 64) pwned 'em both, because you could toggle ROM shadowing – with some granularity, in banks, not just on or off entirely – thus taking control of the entire RAM space, as you liked. That’s exactly why you find so many programs that push the C-64’s limits so hard.

1 Like

I like Adams a lot but they’re no better than many other fully-natural brands (if you don’t count their no-stir version, which is inferior ^^’).

1 Like

I’ve been in Germany long enough that I’m sticking with how it’s said in Deutsch. Also gibt es nur mit harte G, um die Franken zu zitieren.

Oh yeah, and here a JPEG is a “Jay-Peg” (Dschäh-Pähg), but a .JPG is a “Yot Pay Gay”.

2 Likes

So, peanut butter gelly time, or what?

4 Likes