Gillian Anderson does ASMR to promote her show, Sex Education

Well, I am feeling particularly tingly after that. I don’t know if I’m particularly susceptible right now because I’m tired, or her voice just works really well for it. (Probably both.)

She just plays one (frequently) on TV*. As she is here - she’s doing ASMR as her “Sex Education” show character.

*(Though she spent most of her childhood in England, so it’s just about as much a native accent for her as her US one.)

4 Likes

I love that one!!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Yes. She’s described it as having two native accents, rather than acting one of them.

5 Likes

Though allegedly she can only say “Tube” – as in the London Underground – American-style (“toob” rather than “tyoob”), regardless of which accent she’s using.

2 Likes

I’ve never seen Gill Galbraith before; what a wonderfully expressive face she has.

Thank you for sharing that. It amazes me how far special effects have in the past few decades.

The roadmap to my pleasure is self-driving :frowning:

1 Like

I think we have to claim her as British because of her filthy sense of humour.

3 Likes

Maybe it’s an inner ear thing? I tried the well-reviewed auditory game Papa Sangre 2 narrated by Sean Bean and kept failing miserably at the easiest levels.

Thanks for letting me know.

2 Likes

Bother… sat back, had that glass of wine, it’s 10am and productivity for the day is shot:roll_eyes: :wine_glass:

1 Like

This ASMR thing is fun! We have really enjoyed the show “Sex Education”- it has a good mix of humor and heart, and a wonderful soundtrack.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.