Macarena during Sinner's Prayer

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/12/27/girf-performs-macarena-during.html

2 Likes

Parishioner fondles phone in church service instead of repenting, commits additional sin of shooting vertical video.

There, fixed.

13 Likes

As the PK of a former pastor, I fully endorse this bit of delightfulness.

8 Likes

could someone mash up Los Del Rio “Macarana” w the old Lowell Fulson “Sinners Prayer” (recorded by Ray Charles)

Not sacrilegious at all…

9 Likes

https://www.unilad.co.uk/video/the-dark-meaning-behind-the-macarena-will-shock-you/
:astonished:

1 Like

Shock me? No, not even if I hadn’t already been aware. I make it a practice never to underestimate the attempted buzzkilling urge of music over-analysis.

2 Likes

Someone else in that same church videos girl dancing while others recite Sinners Prayer.

1 Like

Matthew 6:9-13

After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever.
Hey, Macarena.

10 Likes

are the acceptable moves explicitly instructed? or is this more an implicit social conformity or be shunned situation? to my eyes they seemed to be to just be a more elaborate and humorous interpretation of what all the adults were doing.

i personally don’t believe in an imaginary sky being, but i’d imagine that just about every song and prayer would come across to such a being similar to a toddler belting out an offkey rendition of frozen for the 10000x time.

Kid bored at church and misbehaving in a mostly non-disruptive way, News at 11.

2 Likes

My thought exactly. To be young and bored as hell in a church again…

In the Buddhist Church I attended with my grandparents as a kid (but was allowed to sit with friends), my most jackassey of friends used to smack his head loudly with one of the service books at the exact F-ing moment that the reverend would finish a prayer, and touch (lightly) his forehead to the book. Cracked us up, but yeah, probably not a very good thing. Certainly more disruptive than a quiet macarena.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.