Gitmo briefing: prisoners use attorneys, media to "discredit the U.S. government"

[Permalink]

3 Likes

Denying legal counsel to prisoners isn’t exactly a great way to boost your credibility either.

10 Likes

Best ending here is send all prisoners back to exactly where captured and close the prison. Otherwise I have a feeling they are all gonna die of old age right where they are as they, and that prison, have become a big political football.

1 Like

Unfortunately, this appears to be consistent with a long and honorable tradition…

Then commander of JTF-GTM, ‘Honor Bound to Defend Freedom’, Admiral Harris provided his insightful analysis of the first successful suicide attempts some years back:

“They are smart, they are creative, they are committed,” Admiral Harris
said. “They have no regard for life, neither ours nor their own. I believe this was not an act of desperation, but an act of asymmetrical warfare waged against us.”

I don’t know if anyone has started asserting that there’s no such thing as ‘collateral damage’, only suicide propogandists dead-set on discrediting our legitimate peace efforts; but it wouldn’t surprise me.

4 Likes

Those crazy prisoners detainees!

They receive free food ( whether they want it or not ), free clothing ( all the orange jumpsuits they can wear, when they aren’t stripped naked ), and free shelter ( all by themselves, 23 hours a day ) !

They got a free ticket to the USA without having to deal with the hassles of customs or getting a passport.

They’re housed in a quaint camp at beautiful Guantanamo Bay Naval Base, which has its own, storied history.

And now, those scamps, some of whom practically grew up here, how do they show their gratitude? By using attorneys and the media to discredit the good old US of A.

Words fail me.

6 Likes

Well, I’m sure they do.

It’s just that, you know, the US government kinda deserves descrediting, under the circumstances.

3 Likes

This guy didn’t just drink the Kool-Aid, he owns stock!

4 Likes

Discrediting the US Government: kinda like stealing candy from a baby. If the US Government didn’t do things worthy of diminishing public respect, they wouldn’t have to hire these spin doctors.

2 Likes

It’s the same “We’re the good guys protecting our nation so we can’t do no wrong!”-reasoning that was popular 70 years ago, used by people equally obsessed by flags, guns and all things military.

2 Likes

Fixed that for you.

2 Likes

Denying legal counsel to prisoners isn’t exactly a great way to boost your credibility either.

Obligatory…

3 Likes

“[Detainees use] media, lawyers and int’l organizations to spread a
false message of: mental anguish, inhumane detention conditions, medical
mistreatment, abuse.”

2 Likes

The US government is quite cable of discrediting it’s self, all on it’s own.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.