Global warming solved: just build 4 Giza-sized carbon pyramids every day for the next 90 years

Good News! For as large as it is, a Pyramid has surprisingly little interior volume, since they are mostly solid rock! If we build our containment buildings to store our carbon in other shapes, we will need fewer of them!!! (/s)

(For the record, I am assuming they mean “4 Great Pyramid sized chunks of solid carbon” and that the grain reference was a smartass insult to some crazy brain surgeon who was confused about his bible lessons (Nice burn, @KathyPartdeux!))

2 Likes

More wood, less concrete. Easy.

1 Like

If anybody reading this could I ask for comment on the following statement? Thank you.

“In the year 10,836 BCE around 9% of the Earth’s terrestrial biomass, on an area of some 10,000,000 square kilometres, which as big as the area of the US, burnt within several months.”

Or, you know, we could try combining reforestation, afforestation, biochar, then continually reusing and reprocessing wood and other biologically-derived materials, instead. Or in addition.

The point’s the same, trying to “solve” global warming with carbon capture and storage would be incredibly difficult and expensive. I’m just pointing out that it’s also wasteful, because it ignores methods that would have other large positive externalities.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.