"Go f*ck yourself" — Elon Musk melts down on stage

That is some sweet news, since I recently changed my insurance provider after finding out they were a big recipient of Alec lobbying funding.
Yay, me.

19 Likes

But are those brands entitled to your money? Because Elon definitely feels entitled to have everyone think of him as a hilarious genius, no matter how pathetic he acts. Which makes this the worst act of blackmail since Willy Wonka wouldn’t give Veruca her squirrel.

14 Likes

He doesn’t need the advertisers. His wider plan for the site’s income is to become some kind of…banking…thing… I guess? It’ll be rad for sure. You’ll love it.

Anyways, as long as he displays the levelheaded temperament, general trustworthy nature, and good business acumen required for people to trust him with their life savings, he’ll be raking it in

13 Likes

If it wasn’t clear before that the purpose of Xitter is to be Musk’s personal bullhorn, I hope it is now.

13 Likes

And to destroy all the powerful public service aspects the site once served. He’s doing great at that.

14 Likes

Zaphod Beeblebrox:
You mean they want to arrest me over the phone? Could be. I’m a pretty dangerous dude when I’m cornered.
Ford Prefect:
Yeah. You go to pieces so fast, people get hit by the shrapnel.

20 Likes

Blackmail? Blackmail? Really? How… what… does he understand how advertising works? Or blackmail, for that matter?

Boy the advertisers are going to be clamoring to come back now! (I wouldn’t be surprised if this outburst actually drove away even more advertisers.)

No, no, it’s like reverse blackmail in that they’re not paying him money in order to force him to post incriminating, antisemitic conspiracy theories… uh… or… something? No, wait, he probably means extortion,* because as advertisers they’re actually obliged to pay him (he’s got a platform, you know), and they’re using the threat of not paying him to get him to, uh, wait, they’re already not paying him and they’re not exactly demanding anything, but…

*I think he probably did mean “extortion” - even though it makes no goddamn sense, it still makes more sense than “blackmail.”

8 Likes

But it is blackmail because it isn’t a service to him. It’s his megaphone, and he’ll be damned if he’ll let corporations and their money put a collar on how he uses it.

5 Likes

cry baby GIF

8 Likes

“Well, Musk’s just this asshole, you know.”
Gag Halfrunt

13 Likes

Cybertrukkk launch tomorrow. Sure it is going to go swimmingly.

*pops popcorn*

14 Likes

Even though it’s trivial when compared with the nasty things he’s done, what strikes me is the fact that his head movements here make him look just like a muppet.

9 Likes

Someone described him as resembling a shaved Cookie Monster.
The judges would also have accepted “a shaved Fozzie Bear”.

11 Likes

Musk has gone from threatening non-advertisers with the cemetery filled with the bodies of his enemies, to telling them that he doesn’t want their money anyway.

anchorman GIF

10 Likes

tumblr_lrpzblIcxR1qf73hco1540

9 Likes

Especially never get high on your own supply while live on air; I suppose.

8 Likes

Other people are saying it.

12 Likes

Wow. Just watched the video.

Something’s up with that dude.

9 Likes

Nevermind the advertisers. Musk can take his own advice.

go-as-hard-as-possible-hester-sunshine

6 Likes

The story very much appears to be one of happy reconciliation. If true and not some fabrication slapped together by Musk’s PR people, then I fail to see how that would cause Musk to wig-out and possibly further drive Xitter further down.

Then again, a genuinely (for Musks) happy reconciliation may have included Elon and others in the family happily agreeing that he should just say fuck to the advertisers.

6 Likes