God damn you 2020

6 Likes

I saw her endorsement of some questionable propositions in my legislative Official Voter Guide (the nonpartisan one put out by the state). The other endorsements are from the Jarvis Tax people so it’s glaring.

6 Likes
16 Likes

Just goes to show that someone else usually has it worse than I do. In a twisted way, you helped me calm down. I also feel empathy and sad that you have been going through so much! Eek.

8 Likes

And you wisely got out of the assisted living center before they became COVID death traps. Well played!

11 Likes

2021 will be heralded by an American who travels to Australia, sets off fireworks, and manages to spark a bushfire for the ages.

3 Likes

That’s saying it all, really.

4 Likes

It’s goddamn John Connolly’s The Gates all over again.

Researchers At Large Hadron Collider Are Confident To Make Contact With Parallel Universe In Days

6 Likes

Are you sure this is not The Onion? Because it sounds like The Onion. We really need to keep in mind that the LHC is spectacular because it produces the most energetic human controlled particle collisions and thus we are able to monitor the outcomes. Far more energetic collisions happen all the time in the atmosphere due to incoming cosmic rays, but they occur at random and cannot be precisely monitored. Same as the story about “opening black holes and ending the world.” Were it possible, it would have happened many times already. In the realm of cosmic energies, we have only dipped our toes in the surf.

19 Likes

All I know is that if our gravity leaks into another dimension- those damn stairs will be easier.

13 Likes

I don’t know which I’d rather be stuck in right now: an assisted living center (I feel really bad for people who need this care) or the White House.

Then everyone in AU will be perfectly within their rights to call it “The American Fire” and call on us to pay for our mistakes!

6 Likes

Not so sure these are functionally different.

14 Likes
15 Likes

Possibly untrue. Certainly sketchy.

3 Likes
12 Likes

:crying_cat_face:

14 Likes
14 Likes

7 Likes

Not “tied” for long:

WTAF.

10 Likes

I need to buy some land in Nova Scotia - bring up a travel trailer to retire to when the climate goes up 10 degrees.

Gotta have a plan C.

11 Likes