God damn you 2020

so, pandemic orgies are right out then.
good to know.

11 Likes

Apparently they aren’t.

The missus has seen an uptick in STDs at the hospital at which she works.

17 Likes

oh my, this is unfortunate.
I guess we are well and truly fucked as a species.
and all that entails…

12 Likes

The hospital is also in the beginning of the COVID baby boom. Many of the cases of STD are newborns.

Yes, well and truly.

18 Likes

Gonorrhea in newborns is no joke. It eats corneas. Bad news.

15 Likes

Who had "blind babies " on their 2020 bingo card?

While infection is likely from the birth canal, I wonder whether the prevalence is another symptom of COVID burnout in the medical community? Overworked staff, or staff rushed into performing unfamiliar tasks due to staffing shortages, missing a step or failing to adequately sterilize an instrument? Just speculation.

9 Likes

At least for this one, medical staff has nothing to do with it really. This is the reason for routinely treating newborn eye with erythromycin ointment. Why the resistance pattern is so concerning.

15 Likes

28 Likes
20 Likes

I don’t think you can get a plumber to install anything but PEX these days.

8 Likes

How bad was 2020? Bad enough that even Frankie Boyle seems too tired to be angry.

https://amp.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2020/dec/26/frankie-boyle-big-quiz-of-2020-how-much-have-you-subconsciously-tried-to-suppress?fbclid=IwAR0aeE6YzWKNxfNjJVNL0n7dJ0worrdP5tNEuHF9MQiOKBR8Tt5Klft65j8

8 Likes

Fatal freshwater skin disease in dolphins linked to climate crisis

warning: it’s gross and there are pictures of it

7 Likes
8 Likes

Question… Do we continue to blame bad things that happen in 2021 on 2020?

sinead-rips-2020

11 Likes

I think I will. Like the “Thanks, Obama,” meme, I think “Fuck 2020” has some real staying power. :wink:

Also, some friends made us a “2020” Christmas ornament that is a dumpster fire (really, a little led tea light illuminates the flames, it’s brilliant) and so I want to keep this alive.

12 Likes

“Today is only Yesterday’s Tomorrow…”

Hate to break it to you, but 1/1/21 will not materially change things, even if it does open up the possibility of things maybe getting better, later.

Edit: I do think that “2020” will become a curse word, like “■■■■■” or some such!

11 Likes

keanu reeves woah face GIF

14 Likes

Heep is Deep! To my high school aged self, these albums were philosophy with a beat.

6 Likes

Let’s just hope that 2020 doesn’t go into overtime.

8 Likes

15 posts were merged into an existing topic: Explosion in Nashville, Tennessee