God damn you 2020

12 Likes

This is one seriously fkd up story.

I know Iā€™m rage posting here but damn itā€™s got so many of 2020ā€™s hallmarks on it all at once that I felt a little dizzy after I got through this whole thread.

20 Likes

:rage: Crosspost to the Black Lives Matter thread.

10 Likes

Holy shit. If we canā€™t even care for those in our own fucking profession, what chance do civilians have? This woman knew the ins and outs and still couldnā€™t get people, who should have been her people, to treat her properly. Iā€™m gonna have to let this one sit and digest for a bit. Right now my solution is to beat the shit out of someone, and that is not likely to be productive.

23 Likes

Volcanoes, anyone? Volcanoes, we got 'em!

20 Likes

Andā€¦

11 Likes

Merry Christmas, now with more jackboots.

14 Likes
11 Likes
11 Likes

Iā€™m so confused. They say it was intentional, that an RV exploded, but that they donā€™t suspect foul play? :thinking:

7 Likes

Suicide?

4 Likes

I donā€™t think so, the article says no one was hurt. Itā€™s a conundrum.

Editing to add the link to this conversation:

2 Likes

Police: Suspicious blast wounds 3 in Nashville on Christmas

Metro Nashville Police Chief John Drake said police were responding to a report of shots fired when they encountered a recreational vehicle blaring a recording that said a potential bomb was to detonate in 15 minutes. Police evacuated nearby buildings and called in the bomb squad.

ā€œShortly after that, the RV exploded,ā€ Drake said at a midday news conference.

Some serious cray-cray involved.

President Donald Trump has been briefed, according to White House spokesperson Judd Deere, who said that Trump, who is spending the holidays in Florida, will continue to receive regular updates.

Oh, phew!

Seriously, why do they even say that? To warn us that things might get worse?

11 Likes

:astonished: :sob:

16 Likes

Fuuuck.

'Mockingbirds donā€™t do one thing but make music for us to enjoyā€¦but sing their hearts out for us. Thatā€™s why itā€™s a sin to kill a mockingbird."

Replace Mockingbird with any songbird.

If anyone here has any control over land, or influence on those who do, please encourage reducing lawns, encourage planting native plants and supporting native pollinators.

This organization has really great resources:

We used their pollinator habitat assessment tool to evaluate our land and the bigger swath of land the power line has right of way over through the town and have been able to improve the habitat over the past 10 years.

Iā€™m hoping to work with city council on town-managed land in 2021. :crossed_fingers:

18 Likes

Havenā€™t seen a Mockingbird here in many months.

The weather pattern critical here to providing the water to the Southwest failed this year completely. Hardly a surprise that wildlife are devastated.

11 Likes

Donā€™t know that I have ā€œGiant Meteorā€ on my 2020 card, nor if this even counts, but:

9 Likes

The follow-up is equally disgusting:

11 Likes

Of course, it was her own fault. Isnā€™t it always? Black people expecting to be treated like humans, amirite? And a woman! Geez, what does she expect? (/s)

16 Likes
16 Likes