God damn you 2020

Thanks. My sister has finished a month of chemo and radiation and is now in a month of down time before returning to treatment. She’s in good spirits and has a positive outlook. She’s strong.

MIL’s discovery seems to be within reasonable chance of a surgical fix. So there’s that.

22 Likes

Had a heart attack. Stent in. Blockage cleared. Recovering.

27 Likes

Take it ez! You’ll be back in front of the grill in no time.

16 Likes

Jesus. This year sucks. My brother had that. Take care of yourself and I hope you’re better soon!

17 Likes

Our tortoise would just love that!

20 Likes

If @Akimbo_NOT plants prickly pears and winds up attracting tortoises, I want to hear, because that would be ultra-cool!

17 Likes

Depending on where you live, this might be more likely:

18 Likes

Hooray!

16 Likes

30-50 of them?

19 Likes

One major adaptation for survival is the fact that javelina live in large family groups. The average group size is 10 or less, but a few herds have known to number up to 53 animals. Each group defends a territory which includes their sleeping and feeding areas.

https://www.desertmuseum.org/kids/oz/long-fact-sheets/Javelina.php

15 Likes

Fairly certain they are not (currently) a risk in VA. Whether that will continue to be the case, we shall see.

14 Likes

Holy fucksocks, dude; glad you’re recovering.

16 Likes

Wishing you a swift recovery! It’s amazing what the cardiologists can repair these days.

16 Likes

Wish the deer around here would eat some of the day lilies that carpet the side yard, but no, the plant hoarder who planted them before we bought the place underplanted them with stinky invasive chameleon vine, and the deer won’t have anything to do with them.

ETA she also planted prickly pear cactus. Only the stink bugs are interested in them.

13 Likes

IIRC, daffodils are mildly toxic and not much will eat them. A lot of times you can tell where houses were long after they are gone by the daffodils patches that persist. They are pretty, but also bad-assed.

17 Likes

Can confirm. We (used to, and will again) have a ‘friends who hike’ group with one person being an actual federal park ranger (so, we’re not just mindlessly walking without knowing what’s what), and we hike all over NW Indiana, especially the federal and state park lands there. We’ve been miles from anything, and come upon a patch of daffodils, and that’s exactly how it’s been explained: there used to be a homestead here, and they planted daffodils, and 150 years later, that’s all that’s left.

23 Likes

queen-elizabeth-fuck-cancer

20 Likes

Ack! Glad it’s been cleared. Take it easy and get better soon!

15 Likes

Glad you’re doing better. Try to relax and ignore the news for a while.

16 Likes

Best advice ever. Do so, doctor’s orders! :grin:

17 Likes