"God has given Trump authority to take out Kim Jong-Un," says evangelical Trump supporter

I was recently introduced to the concept of millennialism in Christianity as an explanation for why evangelicals DGAF about racism against non-whites. Mainline churches are traditionally postmillennial in that they think jesus can’t come back until we achieve a society based on christian ideals first, so they need to be good christians and take care of people in the here and now like the book says.

Evangelicals are typically premillennial in that they think the rapture is right around the corner so the only thing that matters is preparing souls for the afterlife. (Sounds a lot like the death-cult accusations levelled at muslim extremists).

Anyway, if you think jesus is gonna beam y’all up to heaven, then you aren’t worried about a nuclear apocalypse. (After)Life is going to be sooo great, so bring it on!

9 Likes

Obligs:

11 Likes

Indeed, but some people are just lunatics.

3 Likes

Kim Jong Don’s biggest official backer, Robert Mercer, literally believes that a nuclear war would be kinda great.

http://dealbreaker.com/2017/03/robert-mercer-pumped-for-nuclear-annihilation/

7 Likes

Clearly.

I’d honestly rather talk about Gandhi’s glasses than the current lunacy I find myself stuck in.

4 Likes

Yeah right, who needs Guam? Shitty Island in the Pacific. What about Alaska? Only Ice and Bears. Denver …

This is one of the many self-contradictory issues with some evangelicals: There is no such thing as climate change because God promised to never destroy the Earth. But our leaders must destroy “evil” countries lest they bring about the destruction of the planet.

8 Likes

How come nobody was citing Romans 13 when Obama was in office?

Oh. . . right. . . Obama was the Antichrist (but apparently an incompetent Antichrist, since we never had the Battle of Armageddon or the Rapture. Thanks a lot Obama!)

14 Likes

Who has God given authority to take out Donald Trump?

7 Likes

"God has endowed rulers full power to use whatever means necessary — including war — to stop evil. In the case of North Korea, God has given Trump authority to take out Kim Jong-Un.”

By that logic, God has given Kim Jong-Un authority to take out Trump…

10 Likes

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2014/05/religious-right-real-origins-107133

8 Likes

I believe that’s been their plan all along.

2 Likes

Speaking in my official capacity as an aspect of the divinity, I hereby revoke this permission.

Your move, Mouth of Sauron.

5 Likes

“take out Kim Jong-Un”? Like to dinner and a movie?

10 Likes

John 11:35

1 Like

The Devil wears many masks.

1 Like

Televangelists are the worse. They are basically con men.

Put away your sabres, we aren’t going after NK. In fact I am so sure of this I think if Trump did order something you would see the Pentagon refuse. They aren’t idiots and they know what sort trouble with China would happen. POSSIBLY something like a drone strike, but even then I doubt it.

2 Likes

To be accurate, some Christians believe the Rapture will happen any moment, some believe it will be in the middle of the 7-year Tribulation period, some after the Tribulation, some believe something else. To be sure, those who believe it is imminent, tend to not care about the future nearly as much as the others.

Seoul is 35 miles from North Korea, within range of their artillery. There is no such thing as a drone strike that doesn’t end in Seoul getting shelled and a full blown war starting.

7 Likes

I hope like hell that you are right.

7 Likes