"God has given Trump authority to take out Kim Jong-Un," says evangelical Trump supporter

I keep getting surprised, plus I need a reason to get out of bed in the morning, so I’m going to imagine the least-likely less-negative outcome:

Trump takes a secret golf trip in North Korea, cuts a deal to build a hotel there, and Ivanka announces a line of fall clothing made entirely of Vinylon.

4 Likes

God should do something about his ground crew.

8 Likes

I imagine this sounds weirdly similar to whatever propagandarrhea they’re spouting in the DPRK.

7 Likes

They’re homespun.

Go on!

:smirk:

4 Likes

So, this just popped up behind the Whitehouse. It’s apparently calling him a chicken for not releasing his taxes, but maybe not the best timing for President Thinskin :confused:

15 Likes

No such thing exists with 45; we’re pretty much always in potential danger as long as he’s in office.

The scathing criticism needs to continue, making him as miserable as possible.

8 Likes

Agreed. I just hope the history books don’t mark the start of world war 3 as his reaction to a giant inflatable chicken on his lawn. Sadly, I wouldn’t be that surprised.

14 Likes

My brother thinks that it’s going to happen on August 23rd. Meanwhile, he’s trying to clarify to his child’s lawyer (via 10-page dissertation on the rapture) what he meant when he started making weird remarks to his wife about them soon being together in Heaven.

8 Likes

Unfathomable consequences aside, a giant inflatable chicken would be a pretty appropriate footnote in the history books of the future.

9 Likes

As @Mister44 mentioned upthread, I’m hoping the Pentagon refuses to act on any off-handed whim of 45’s.

He may not be able to comprehend the concept of consequences and repercussions for one’s actions, but they certainly are.

5 Likes

I did a search, and found at least one website that claimed Sept 23. Are you sure he claims August? There are also claims of 2015 and 2016. So many obviously wrong claims…

2 Likes

I use that image (sans flag) in lectures about branding and logo design to explain why the Red Cross wasn’t well received in the Ottoman Empire.

4 Likes

Well …

Nice knowing you guys.

4 Likes

That would make things interesting. I need to ask Amy Dickinson if it’s a breach of etiquette to invite someone to your birthday if they’re planning on getting raptured that day.

3 Likes

Just in the last hundred years:

1918 - didn’t happen, obvs.
1974-1977
1988 (This was a big one; I remember because I was still deeply indoctrinated at the time.)
1991-1998
2000 (Another biggie; still nada.)
2011-2017(And yet, we’re still here.)

People have been ‘predicting’ the end of the world since the world began, and they’re always wrong.

The date that no one guesses will probably be the day…

6 Likes

To be totally fair, Rapture Doctrine was only invented, ah, “discovered” in around 1830, so before that, there obviously wouldn’t be any Rapture predictions. So, yeah, the last hundred years would be the most popular hundred years. And you’re right about predicting since the world began.

6 Likes

This whole exchange is a bit like watching two Internet commenters who desperately want to punch each other, but lack the physical proximity to do so. NK won’t attack us because we’d annihilate them, and we can’t* attack NK because it would require months of preparation and cost hundreds of thousands of lives. Meanwhile, the empty threats keep escalating because both buffoons are afraid of losing face.

*Yes, I am being somewhat optimistic, but not naively so. War with NK would have to be sold to Congress and the public, just like the ACA repeal.

1 Like

Good job citing Romans 13. Actually, Pastor Strangelove is right. In political terms, we voters have given Trump this authority. In theological terms, God has. I dunno what God was thinking, but America knew exactly who we were electing. Maybe too late, some of us are waking up to say, “Oh shit… He really meant all that crazy-talk?”

Only the power of denial keeps me from hiding under my desk.

3 Likes

To be fair, police will shoot you for not putting out a joint, to save you from the possible harm. I am not too worried or surprised that a few sociopaths think like this. What freaks me out is that most people go along with it.

3 Likes