Kim Jong Un responds to Trump's name calling

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2017/09/21/kim-jong-un-calls-trump-names.html

3 Likes

download

12 Likes

His remarks sound much more mature and reasonable than Trump’s.

38 Likes

“His remarks which described the U.S. option through straightforward expression of his will have convinced me, rather than frightening or stopping me, that the path I chose is correct and that is one that I have to follow to the last,” he continued.

Well, duh. Trump’s remarks seemed intended to prove traditional North Korean claims that the US was an existential threat that required authoritarianism and massive military expenditures. When, in the same speech, Trump attacked the Iran deal and implied the US was going to break the agreement, that also indicated that attempts to engage the US with diplomacy would necessarily be wasted efforts. If Trump thought he was going to get a different response, that was, well, the usual Trump-level stupidity. I’m assuming that primarily, as usual, he was playing to his base, though. (Who are also idiots who ate it up.)

29 Likes

Huh. Learned a new word.

do·tard
ˈdōdərd/
noun
noun: dotard; plural noun: dotards

an old person, especially one who has become weak or senile.
29 Likes

OMG Just started watching last nights South Park and they lead with this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74c4n6564z8

ETA - the moral of the episode was if you’re a President to just put down your phone.

4 Likes

Ugh. We’re all gonna die thanks to a primadonna dictator and a primadonna wanna-be dictator

9 Likes

He should’ve retorted by calling Trump “Docket Man,” which surprisingly isn’t a Weird Al song. Get on it, Weird!

5 Likes

He should have just endorsed the Colbert video and left it at that.

9 Likes

And I learned another! It’s dotage.

A dotard, according to Wiktionary, is “an old person with impaired intellect; one in his or her dotage”

Dotage is:

I think all can be applied to Trump. Yes, even definition 2 makes sense with Trump: his fondness really is excessive, i.e. pervy.

However, I hesitate to blame Trump’s cognitive dysfunction entirely on his age. There’s something more fucked up going on with that guy, and it’s been going on for decades.

10 Likes

“Away with the dotard, to the gaol with him!”

http://www.shakespeareswords.com/Plays.aspx?Ac=5&SC=1&IdPlay=24#200469

9 Likes

Look at the intense laughter of those generals having to pretend to be enjoying a joke as much as Kim does. It would really stink to have to work for a boss that made you feel you had to do that.

22 Likes

Mirriam-Webster mentioned they had a spike of people looking up the word.
Apparently the literal translation of what was said in Korean is “old beast (man) lunatic.” Which seems more expressively florid and more descriptive of Trump…

10 Likes

“The mentally deranged behavior of the U.S. president openly expressing on the U.N. arena the unethical will to ‘totally destroy’ a sovereign state, beyond the boundary of threats of regime change or overturn of social system, makes even those with normal thinking think about discretion and composure.”

I mean… he’s not wrong.

He’s an insane dictator… but he’s not wrong.

36 Likes

Rocket Man? All right Donny - you asked for it. The full on triple Shatner

9 Likes
14 Likes

These guys need to go outside and settle this man-to-man. Grenades at two paces.

16 Likes

Which is which?

16 Likes

Kim Jong Un seems… more competent and balanced than Trump.

4 Likes

Christ What a pair of assholes. Neither one of those sorry SOB’s will be affected by the disaster they’re trying to create. I’ve been hoping someone of the republican power mongers would make trump shut up. These super rich fools are gonna lose their source of income when the world is a vast radioactive waste site. Apparently none of the hemorrhoids that cling to that asshole trump get it. Your pathetic little guns and pickup trucks aren’t gonna be much use after the big ones go off. Every morning I wake up in dread of reading the news because I fear what the fools may have done overnight. That same feeling of dread I had back in grade and high school is back. Get under you desk and cover up. Run to the hallway and cover up.
All the fuck that’s gonna do is confuse alien archeologists who find a planet that resembles Pompeii. Scorched bodies fused into place killed by an enormous eruption of stupidity. Kim Jong Un and trumps little three legged four eyed mutant survivors will be skittering around pointing at their shriveled little dicks and claiming theirs is bigger. God Damn I’m sick of fucking stupid people with death wishes especially since I’ll be one of the dead

16 Likes